News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

How to integrate Wordpress into SMF?

Started by cyberweb, October 12, 2014, 04:14:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cyberweb

Hi,

Is there anyway to integrate Wordpress blog to SMF?

I tried to use SMFBlog mod but looks like it still has bug (i.e. we need to specify one (or more) boards to be blog boards. This is done by editing the board, and ticking the "Use this board as a blog?" option.)
But once I click on "Blog" page it's just showing the main forum page (not the particular board selected).

Plus the look & feel of SMFBlog is just like a forum (with thread).

I'm looking for a pure Blog look & feel like Wordpress.

Is there anyway to integrate Wordpress blog to SMF?
Please advise.

thx

kat

If you look here http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?board=33.0 I think Wordpress integration has been discussed at least four billion times. ;) So, you might well find some guidance, there. :)

Kindred

in short....  while it can, technically, be done, it is ugly and there is no current/supported way to do it, as far as I know.

try ADK Blog... or ask for help in the support topic for the other blog mod.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

cyberweb

Hi,

Thanks for the reply guys.

Looks like it's just too much hassle to integrate WP to SMF.
If that's the case, probably I'll just hyperlink the top menu that says "Blog" directly to my standalone Wordpress blog.

Do you know how to add a menu on the top menu bar & then put hyperlink on it?

Plz advise.

margarett

Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

Advertisement: