News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Merging unapproved posts

Started by timetraveller, October 12, 2014, 05:58:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

timetraveller

As an administrator I can merge unapproved posts with a special topic area I have in the moderators only board of my forum.
However, my moderators don't seem to be able to do this. Is there a setting for this somewhere or some other way around it?

Illori

do you have post moderation enabled? is a mod setting these posts as moderated automatically?

admin -> core features turn on post moderation and save the page.

timetraveller

Post moderation is enabled and I don't think I have any mods that would do something like that.

I have the following mods:
Simple Audio Video
Share This Topic
SmileyLimit
Customizable Home Button
Tabbed smileys
Simple Audio Video Embedder
SMF Gallery Lite

timetraveller

Are there any more thoughts on this?

Kindred

By merge, do you mean

MERGE... As in take a post and put it into another thread...
Or
MOVE... As in take a post and move it into a different board?

Do you mediators have mod power in both the source and target board?
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

timetraveller

The moderators are global moderators so I believe they have power over all boards as the default option. I will double-check that they have power over the moderators area - I don't think they've ever had to moderate anything in there ;)

Merge as in split a topic (one or more unapproved posts) and merge them with a topic in the moderators board, which is kept for unapproved posts under discussion.

timetraveller

Yup - the global moderators do have the correct permissions for the moderators area.

Kindred

are you SURE?

because it really sounds like they do not.

You need to check the standard membergroup permissions...   merge and move are two individual permissions.
However, you ALSO need to check the board permission profile
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Advertisement: