1.1.20 to 2.09

Started by Nodaz, October 13, 2014, 02:24:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nodaz

do see specific instructions, for upgrading form 1.1.20 to 2.09
Can anyone direct me? 
right now the forum in i maintenance mode, ive made a full database backup through the admin panel in SMF and also a a datbase backup via my server.
I have also saved a full backup of the home directory.

Kindred

Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

plasmatic

To avoid trouble with permissions, i recommend to completely recursive  chmod 777 everything from your boards root down

margarett

No, that's actually a terrible idea...

1 - Some hosts will throw an error 500 if 777 is detected
2 - By doing that you increase your chances of being hacked, as you are granting write permissions to "the world" (not that they should be able to get to you but, if they do, you are exposed).
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

plasmatic

Afterwards back to 755/644 of course.

find ./ -type d -execdir chmod 755 {} \;
find ./ -type f -execdir chmod 644 {} \;

Kindred

plasmatic,

As margarett says --   777 is a TERRIBLE idea and should be avoided. period.
(and the commands that you suggest only works if the user has root access -- which most users will not have.)

1- files should never be 777 - files should be 644 ----   664 if that still gives errors  ---  666 if, and only if, needed to install mods - changed back to 644 ASAP
2- directories should be 755 ----   775 if that still gives errors  ---  777if, and only if, needed to install mods - changed back to 755 ASAP

if you need 666/777 access to run your board on a normal basis, then it is time to find a new host.

the instructioins that I pointed Nodaz to should allow him to update his board and there is no need for 777 in 90% of the cases.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Advertisement: