News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Errors in PHP log

Started by Dblog, October 14, 2014, 11:35:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dblog

I had this error in log with 2.0.8 too, it still continues with 2.0.9

[11-Oct-2014 22:52:53] PHP Notice:  Use of undefined constant WIRELESS_PROTOCOL - assumed 'WIRELESS_PROTOCOL' in /home/account/public_html/forums/Sources/Subs.php on line 2727
[11-Oct-2014 22:52:53] PHP Notice:  Undefined index: REQUEST_URL in /home/account/public_html/forums/Sources/Subs.php on line 2847
[11-Oct-2014 22:52:53] PHP Notice:  Undefined index: REQUEST_URL in /home/account/public_html/forums/Sources/Subs.php on line 2847
[11-Oct-2014 22:52:53] PHP Notice:  Undefined index: REQUEST_URL in /home/account/public_html/forums/Sources/Subs.php on line 2848

margarett

I split your post from the other topic ;)

Can you please attach your Subs.php?
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

Dblog

margarett

WIRELESS_PROTOCOL is defined in index.php:

// Some settings and headers are different for wireless protocols.
if (WIRELESS)
{
define('WIRELESS_PROTOCOL', isset($_REQUEST['wap']) ? 'wap' : (isset($_REQUEST['wap2']) ? 'wap2' : (isset($_REQUEST['imode']) ? 'imode' : '')));

Check if you have this ;)

$_SERVER['REQUEST_URL'] is a standard superglobal, there's no reason for it not being defined...

I would advise you to backup and remove all your files except "attachments", "Settings.php" and "Settings_bak.php". Then load a large upgrade package (so that you have clean files) and check if that still occurs. If not, a MOD probably messed something... If yes, no idea :P

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

Dblog

answer is YES, so should i do large upgrade and reinstall all mods ?

above 4 lines i mentioned in error_log occur once in a day and sometimes doesn't occur on a random day

margarett

If it only happens randomly it's more difficult to debug...

My idea was to temporarily remove all MODs and themes (by loading fresh files while keeping a backup of the original ones) and immediatelly check on the error. If it only happens once a day or less, I assume it would be difficult for you to keep your forum in this "virgin" state for that long...

In this case, it would be probably better to work with your host, ask them if they can identify which IP triggers that error (because they all happen at the same time) and try to figure out who is he/it and what's he doing when that error is triggered...

Dblog

I guess its happening once in 2 days around same time.
Could be through a bot or some scheduled log (?), but i dont have a daily scheduled log.

[17-Oct-2014 05:31:40] PHP Notice:  Undefined index: server in /home/account/public_html/forums/Sources/Subs-Post.php on line 627
[17-Oct-2014 05:31:40] PHP Notice:  Undefined index: utf8 in /home/account/public_html/forums/Sources/Subs-Post.php on line 1262
[17-Oct-2014 05:31:40] PHP Notice:  Undefined index: utf8 in /home/account/public_html/forums/Sources/Subs-Post.php on line 1264

There were no errors on 16 october

Dblog

now new error is :

[18-Oct-2014 22:20:35] PHP Warning:  htmlspecialchars() [<a href='function.htmlspecialchars'>function.htmlspecialchars</a>]: Invalid multibyte sequence in argument in /home/account/public_html/forums/Sources/Load.php(183) : runtime-created function on line 3

margarett

I've seen a bunch of topics about that last error with no solutions to be found :( Some reasons seem to pointo to ISO/UTF8 conflicts.

About your previous errors, I remember a discussion about that
http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=517547.0
Not sure if this is or not a bug, yet it doesn't happen to everyone and I have no idea what to do to fix it...

Advertisement: