News:

Join the Facebook Fan Page.

Main Menu

Snitz to smf

Started by jvter, October 15, 2014, 06:29:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jclavin

I set it to 20 and it seems to be working but very slowly - I can see it counting via the "&start=" count in the url line.  "convert.php?step=1&substep=15&start=80"

At the rate it is going it will take about 30 hours to process the 9000 records - seem right?

Jim

margarett

It does. 20 is kinda extreme :P but it can serve the purpose.
The idea is to check whether or not the converter "hangs" at the same point (because it seems it passed the messages conversion already), now doing a much easier job (20 posts at once instead of 200)
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

thatspeedykid

Sorry for bumping an old topic but, I am getting this error:
Converting members... Unsuccessful!
This query:
CREATE TABLE IF NOT EXISTS `forumnew`.smf_convert (
old_id_topic int(10) unsigned NULL default '0',
old_id_msg int(10) unsigned NULL default '0',
msg_date bigint(20) unsigned NULL default '0',
type varchar(80) NOT NULL default ''
) TYPE=MyISAM;
Caused the error:
You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'TYPE=MyISAM' at line 6

So likely i changed the TYPE=MYisam to Engine=MyISAM;

And i get the following errors:

Converting members...
Notice: Undefined variable: result in /home/dev1dhc/public_html/forum/convert.php on line 2494

Notice: Undefined variable: result in /home/dev1dhc/public_html/forum/convert.php on line 2495

Notice: Undefined variable: result in /home/dev1dhc/public_html/forum/convert.php on line 2494

Notice: Undefined variable: result in /home/dev1dhc/public_html/forum/convert.php on line 2495

Warning: get_resource_type() expects parameter 1 to be resource, null given in /home/dev1dhc/public_html/forum/convert.php on line 2736

Notice: Undefined index: db_fetch_assoc in /home/dev1dhc/public_html/forum/convert.php on line 2740

Fatal error: Function name must be a string in /home/dev1dhc/public_html/forum/convert.php on line 2740

could you guys help me fix? its for a client of mine that wants to change forums

margarett

Are you using the converter attached to this topic, some posts before yours? (It shouldn't fix the "undefined" errors, though...
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

Advertisement: