News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Can't use WYSIWYG editor in Pale Moon browser

Started by Aoife, October 15, 2014, 11:25:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aoife

I'm using SMF 2.0.9 in Pale Moon 25.0.1 32-bit browser.

When I try to switch to the WYSIWYG editor in my forums, I get an error message that says my browser does not support the Rich Text editor. I posted the error message to the Pale Moon support forum and this is the reply I received from several people:

QuoteIt's a bug with SMF. Basically, they're doing a check to say "is this Firefox/Chrome/IE, if not display error" - which is totally the wrong way of determining what a browser supports. Basically, Pale Moon will work fine with the Rich Text editor, but SMF is blocking Pale Moon from using it because it isn't Firefox or Chrome.

So, thought you might like to see this and see if it can be remedied in a future patch. In the meantime, is there something I can do in my forums files to fix it?

Thanks for any assistance.

NanoSector

Confirmed in Pale Moon 64-bit.
http://i.imgur.com/j8GqQ69.png

Blazing fast browser, by the way. Would wish they implemented the new Sync.
My Mods / Mod Builder - A tool to easily create mods / Blog
"I've heard from a reliable source that the Answer is 42. But, still no word on what the question is."

kat

Odd... I'm posting this, using PaleMoon v25.0.1 (x64) with the WYSIWYG editor enabled...

NanoSector

"I've heard from a reliable source that the Answer is 42. But, still no word on what the question is."

kat

Soooo. What could be the difference between mine and yours?

Mine's the portable version. I doubt that'd make a difference, though.

NoScript add-on?

Kindred

Probably won't be fixed in 2.0.x - given the fact that the WYSIWYG has even more major issues - such that it has been completely replaced in 2.0...

but moving to bug reports, since it is actually a valid report.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

NanoSector

Quote from: K@ on October 15, 2014, 12:04:06 PM
Soooo. What could be the difference between mine and yours?

Mine's the portable version. I doubt that'd make a difference, though.

NoScript add-on?

Mine was fresh out of the installer with no add ons. Do you have wysiwyg by default enabled? I could see another bug coming from that.

kat

I don't, usually. But, I turned it on, with Opera, then had a look, using PaleMoon. I've used PaleMoon, here, for quite a while, sporadically, and never had any hassles.

NanoSector

Now isn't that odd. Have you changed any settings in the browser?

kat

Most of them, I should think. I'm a bit of a fiddler, when it comes to that kinda thing... ;)

NanoSector

Try with the stock settings. Pretty sure you have it set to Firefox user agent or something.

kat

Aoife

Quote from: K@ on October 16, 2014, 07:18:36 AM
general.useragent.compatMode.firefox;false

That's what my browser is set to already. What do I need to change in SMF files to make it accept Pale Moon?

kat

I really have no idea. Mine works perfectly. So, we have to work out, somehow, what the differences are. Could be a long job, too, that.

As I said, I use the portable x64 version.

Aoife

Quote from: K@ on October 16, 2014, 07:24:45 AM
I really have no idea. Mine works perfectly. So, we have to work out, somehow, what the differences are. Could be a long job, too, that.

As I said, I use the portable x64 version.

From Matt Tobin (one of the PM devs): 
QuotePM4Android retains the Firefox compat (Firefox/24.9) part.. Desktop does not.

Antes

There is a quick fix for that;
Open your script.js;
Code (Find) Select
var is_ff = (ua.indexOf('firefox') != -1 || ua.indexOf('iceweasel') != -1 || ua.indexOf('icecat') != -1 || ua.indexOf('shiretoko') != -1 || ua.indexOf('minefield') != -1) && !is_opera;
Code (Replace) Select
var is_ff = (ua.indexOf('firefox') != -1 || ua.indexOf('iceweasel') != -1 || ua.indexOf('icecat') != -1 || ua.indexOf('shiretoko') != -1 || ua.indexOf('minefield') != -1 || ua.indexOf('PaleMoon') != 1) && !is_opera;

Aoife

DenDen60

Quote from: Antes on October 16, 2014, 08:40:13 AM
There is a quick fix for that;
Open your script.js;
Code (Find) Select
var is_ff = (ua.indexOf('firefox') != -1 || ua.indexOf('iceweasel') != -1 || ua.indexOf('icecat') != -1 || ua.indexOf('shiretoko') != -1 || ua.indexOf('minefield') != -1) && !is_opera;
Code (Replace) Select
var is_ff = (ua.indexOf('firefox') != -1 || ua.indexOf('iceweasel') != -1 || ua.indexOf('icecat') != -1 || ua.indexOf('shiretoko') != -1 || ua.indexOf('minefield') != -1 || ua.indexOf('PaleMoon') != 1) && !is_opera;

Hi Antes, How do I modify this fix so that it works just for IE? I tried your suggestion but it did not do anything except that the message stop appearing. However,  it did not allow toggle to rich text format. :-(

I Use IE v 11 with SMF. No mods

Thanks Denis

Antes

Advertisement: