News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Default Smileys

Started by adkaraczun, October 15, 2014, 03:05:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

adkaraczun

Ok, so I didn't realize that the Edit Smileys editor made changes to all of the smiley sets. Now I'd like to go back and reverse the changes I made, but I can't seem to find a listing of the first 5 smileys in the editor.  Can someone post a screenshot of their Edit Smileys page if it has been unaltered from the default install?

Thanks!  Feeling stupid. :(

Alex

kat

They'll be the same as here, I believe.

adkaraczun

Quote from: K@ on October 15, 2014, 03:55:34 PM
They'll be the same as here, I believe.

Yeah, but I can't look at the editor here.  I need the information that viewing the first 5 lines of the editor can give me.

kat

If you hit "Reply", you get the smilies, there. Right-click, on them, to get the URL.

e.g. http://media.simplemachinesweb.com/smf/smileys/simple/rolleyes.gif

Click on the smiley to get the code.

::)

Or, am I misunderstanding?

adkaraczun

Quote from: K@ on October 15, 2014, 04:10:41 PM
If you hit "Reply", you get the smilies, there. Right-click, on them, to get the URL.

e.g. hxxp:media.simplemachinesweb.com/smf/smileys/simple/rolleyes.gif [nonactive]

Click on the smiley to get the code.

::)

Or, am I misunderstanding?

Yep, but it's probably because I am not being clear.

In the smileys editor there is a table, like a spreadsheet that shows the image, the code, the filename, the location, and the tooltip or description.  I over wrote the code, filename, etc. in my database, so I don't even know which ones are missing as they code, etc. has been changed across the board for all smiley sets.  A quick look at the smiley editor of a default installation of SMF 2.0.9 will give me the original codes, filenames, etc. so I can manually restore the database to it's original state.  Then I can go about creating all new editor entries for the non-standard smileys I use.

Here is a screenshot of the editor.  The first five entries have none of the original data, so I cannot manually reconfigure them back to what they were.  The sixth and so on show what the first five looked like initially.

I hope this helps.

kat

Yeah, I kinda got what you're after. Thing is, I doubt there'll be many sites with just the default smilies on. So, I was trying to figure-out an alternative way of doing it.

Let's wait and see, shall we?

By the way, it might be worth you taking note of the... er... note, that I put at the bottom of this page:

http://wiki.simplemachines.org/smf/Add_a_smiley_set

adkaraczun

Quote from: K@ on October 15, 2014, 04:28:41 PM
Yeah, I kinda got what you're after. Thing is, I doubt there'll be many sites with just the default smilies on. So, I was trying to figure-out an alternative way of doing it.

Let's wait and see, shall we?

By the way, it might be worth you taking note of the... er... note, that I put at the bottom of this page:

http://wiki.simplemachines.org/smf/Add_a_smiley_set

Ah yeah.  Guilty as charged.  In my defense, I couldn't imagine that this information wouldn't be readily available in a wiki, or the online manual.  Guess I was just plain wrong!  LOL

kat

There's loads of weird stuff, on the wiki. Some of it's even quite easy to find! ;)

Advertisement: