large upgrade done..old theme still there, but not fully functional

Started by Nodaz, October 16, 2014, 02:47:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nodaz

I just ran the large upgrade to take my formm form 1.1.20 to 2.09
Everything seemed to run fine and at the end where it gives me the link to view the upgrade when i click on it, the forum appears, but the old theme is present, im logged in as admin, but the only tab i jhave is "my messages" i cannot get to any of the admin functions.
Additionally the theme"outline" is bunged up at the bottom.
i uploaded repair_settings.php, but i dont see how to change the theme, am i missing something?

All that said , i dod a lot of mod of the course of a few years, i dont really care about any of them, would it be better to just do a fresh install?
How do i do that on an already existing forum?

Kindred

you can not (ever) use a 1.1.x theme on a 2.0.x site.

use the argument index.php?theme=1 to reset your session to the curve theme (default for 2.0.x) and then force reset everyone in the admin tools
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Nodaz

i dont understand, can you be more specific on how to do that?
where do i put that?
thank you for the quick response BTW
EDIT
Got it.
Thank you

Nodaz

i have a number of old theme folders still present on the server, can i just delete those?
or do i have to uninstall them somehow?
i also have a bunch of old packages form the original install, starting with 1.1.16..
not sure what to do with them

Kindred

Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Nodaz

I changed the folder name ( added _ to front) to make sure nothing was affected.
What i am finding is that they don't show under "modify themes" and "member Options" but they do still appear under
manage and install/themes and layout settings drop down
and
Theme settings
i clicked on attempt to reset all themes and the ones i name changed say :

Theme directory (templates):
    (warning, this path is not correct!)

but still are listed
Would it be better just to somehow do a fresh install so that code is just already bunged up from the old install?

Kindred

You should delete the themes In Your smf admin and then delete the directories...
Слaва
Украинi

Nodaz

i dont see where or how to delete the them es from SMF/admin/configuration/Themes and Layout settings

Kindred

Слaва
Украинi

Nodaz

Advertisement: