News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

How to create online chat system

Started by eyeshiv, October 17, 2014, 09:48:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

eyeshiv

How to friend I want to create online chat system please help how would be possible

Matthew K.

If you can't figure out how to create it, then there's no way you'd have the necessary knowledge and skills to create it.

Kindred

besides... there are at least 12 existing options..
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

eyeshiv

No, My dear Friend I am not a new. I am website Developer work in Eyeshiv technologies as a website developer. I already Have created chat system by the help of Google but that is group chat. I am Looking chat system where we can create friends friend can chat each other.

Kindred

individual, privates chats?  good luck.   90% of the forum sites run on shared servers. global chat-box alone can kill some of those...  allowing multiple individual chats? no bloody way.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

br360

Doesn't this mod already do exactly that though? http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=2534

I've used it on shared hosting before, and it seemed to work fine.

Kindred

It sorta does.. through time slicing etc...

But even the author admits it could choke a busy site
Слaва
Украинi

eyeshiv

Thanks br360, for providing link, but could you help me how to install it. where is database connection file. there is no database connection option on db.php.
I would be great thankful of you if  you provide me database and database connection file.

br360

All you have to do is download the mod, upload it through your package manager in your admin section, and install it. There is a db.php file that automatically gets installed for you when you install the package.

Open that link I posted above again; and you can read the description, read me info, and what the file edits and operations are as well.

Advertisement: