News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Implementing Chitika Ads Into My Forum

Started by bryantdl7, October 17, 2014, 10:44:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bryantdl7

Hello, I would like to start off by apologizing if this is not the appropriate thread.

I manage a decent sized SMF forum Approx. 150 members and I want to start profiting off of them visiting to help pay for the website. Now because it is a name.hostwebsite.com [nofollow] site I cannot use google's adsense and I am going to try chitika. I have wrote their support team and they have told me that this code should work fine but have neglected on if it should go into my index.php or my forum's index file (where I put my favicon code)

Here is the code below. Any help would be greatly appreciated  :D

<script type="text/javascript">
  ( function() {
    if (window.CHITIKA === undefined) { window.CHITIKA = { 'units' : [] }; };
    var unit = {"calltype":"async[2]","publisher":"bryantdl7","width":550,"height":250,"sid":"Chitika Default"};
    var placement_id = window.CHITIKA.units.length;
    window.CHITIKA.units.push(unit);
    document.write('<div id="chitikaAdBlock-' + placement_id + '"></div>');
}());
</script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="//cdn.chitika.net/getads.js" async></script>

Kindred

Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

bryantdl7

Quote from: Kindred on October 17, 2014, 11:34:48 AM
use the ad manager mod...

There are two, can you point me to the right one? I tried before and the ads didn't show.

Sorry if I seem like a noob!  :|

vbgamer45

Right here
http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=255

Use the html code option and make sure all membergroups have access to view ads
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

TonyG

Quote from: bryantdl7 on October 17, 2014, 10:44:28 AMNow because it is a name.hostwebsite.com site I cannot use google's adsense and I am going to try chitika.
I just stumbled across this thread while researching Google Adsense options. You can use Adsense in subdomains. Why do you think you can't?

I have a mydomain.tld which I submitted to Google for Adsense approval. They approved within hours.
From that portal/home my users can jump off to any_sub.mydomain.tld where there are SMF forums which serve ads.

So Google approved the site and it's working in the subdomains.

Also, from what I've read, Chitika only puts ads on pages reached from search engines. Please correct me if that's not right. This means you won't get monetization from your forum members who come in direct. So any efforts to build a community are unrelated to your desire to monetize. In fact the more people you get as site members the less money you're going to get from Chitika as more people will know you and come in direct than from search engines.

HTH

vbgamer45

Chitika places ads on all pages whether they come from search engines or not. They might payout more for search engine refers though.
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

Advertisement: