Bans and New Members

Started by billeng, October 17, 2014, 02:10:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

billeng

Hello

I have a forum using SMF 1.1.20

We have had this forum since 2006. During this time we have collected over 40 pages of Bans from Spammers.

However we discovered some members were being banned due to an IP problem.  I personally checked each banned IP address and none match the ones that
the good banned members were using.

So my next step was to completely Delete all bans since 2006 and start new today 17 Oct.

As I was deleting the bans we started getting hit by new registration and within 3 minutes there was 105 new members all spammers that was able to register.

I have registration set that an Admin must approve each.

in looking at all these new registrations they are dated back in Nov 2013 and Dec on to today.

My question is how were they able to set in their profile an early registration date then the present date?

Thanks

Bill

Kindred

There is no way to do that in a stock install... so either one of yoyr mods has broken something or something else is wrong...

Bans are not the way to handle spammers anyway... read the faq on how to stop spammers before they register.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Advertisement: