News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Register new member Premissions?

Started by Adz., October 17, 2014, 05:02:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Adz.

I made a new group for staff members, but i don't want them to have the permission to 'Register new member' access. I don't see on the permissions. is there any way i can disable it?

Sorry if there is another topic about this, but can't find it  :-\

Arantor

No, it's tied to 'moderate forum members'.

If you don't trust them to ban users, you probably shouldn't be trusting them anyway.

Adz.

Quote from: Arantor on October 17, 2014, 05:06:57 PM
No, it's tied to 'moderate forum members'.

If you don't trust them to ban users, you probably shouldn't be trusting them anyway.

Ban management is needed for staff, that's the main reason i made the group.
There should be permission to disable 'Register new member' as it's for owners really.

Kindred

only on your site.... on most sites - anyone who can moderate or ban can also add or approve members
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Arantor

No, there should not be a separate permission.

The title is 'moderate forum members', this includes additional members. Of course, if they can moderate members, there's nothing to stop them from registering a new account and manually approving it anyway.

In other words: if you don't trust them not to abuse the power attached to their account, you should not be giving it to them in the first place.

Adz.

Quote from: Arantor on October 17, 2014, 06:24:13 PM
In other words: if you don't trust them not to abuse the power attached to their account, you should not be giving it to them in the first place.

True say

Advertisement: