News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

2.08 to 2.09 from admin panel: Not acceptable

Started by Nodaz, October 17, 2014, 08:07:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nodaz

New fresh install of 2.08 a week or two/three ago, just logged back in to mess a round with it and saw:

You're using an outdated version of SMF, which contains some bugs which have since been fixed. It is recommended that you update your forum to the latest version as soon as possible. It only takes a minute!

When i click on it i get a page
myforumpage. com/index.php?action=admin;area=packages;pgdownload;auto;package=http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/downloads/smf_patch_1.1.20_2.0.9.zip;a3657ebf5e37=ba8d54e9de6d237342b95a98439c60d3

that simply states:
Not acceptable

Is this a permission issue?

Kindred

Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Nodaz

not sure what that means , what/where do i need to change?
right now it s says:
* /home/ random folder i changed/public_html    Writable  (chmod: 0750)                
      agreement.txt    Writable  (chmod: 0644)                
      Settings.php    Writable  (chmod: 0644)                
      Settings_bak.php    Writable  (chmod: 0644)                
      * attachments    Writable  (chmod: 0755)                
      * avatars    Writable  (chmod: 0755)                
      * cache    Writable  (chmod: 0755)                
      * Smileys    Writable  (chmod: 0755)                
      * Sources    Writable  (chmod: 0755)                
      * Themes    Writable  (chmod: 0755)                
      * Packages    Writable  (chmod: 0755)

kat

It means that your host's CHOWN permissions, which override your CHMOD permissions, are making things... er... unacceptable.

Nodaz

so i ned to contact my host and ask them to modify CHOWN so my CHMOD permissions will work?

Kindred

actually, no....  what I meant in this case was not file permissions....  it's a connection permission, I think -- it is preventing your system from "dialing out" and receiving the proper response from us.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Nodaz

A connection issue Permission?
Is this still a host issue?
What do i ask/tell them?
EDIT:
Support told me this:
Hello,

I can see in the log files that while accessing the link you've provided it triggers the mod_security. You could disable mod_security for the domain in question by adding the entry pasted below in the .htaccess file

====
<IfModule mod_security.c>
SecFilterEngine Off
SecFilterScanPOST Off
</IfModule>
====

RE-EDit:
Im not going to try that unit someone here says that's ok, maybe there is a different resolution, isnt  mod_security is an SMF file?

It doesnt make sense that the forum software is triggering a security file built into itself.
Or am i wrong?

Illori

mod_security is not part of SMF. if your host says to try it do so. you can always revert the change if it does not fix it.

Nodaz

Ok, it seems to have worked, but what is odd is this:
I created the .htacess file( as i didnt see one in the directory) and uploaded it via FTP, i didnt see it appear, so i uploaded again, still not there, that i could see.
So i though, well, its hidden somehow, so i troed the update, it worked fine.

Is .htaccess hidden by default

Kindred

Htaccess is not normally visible through FTP...

Слaва
Украинi

mashby

Hmm...good to see you got the htaccess file sorted. I can see mine in FTP. How else would I know it's there?
Always be a little kinder than necessary.
- James M. Barrie

Kindred

Слaва
Украинi

Arantor

cPanel in general hides all dotfiles.

Another reason not to use cPanel :P

mashby

The two hosts I've had over the past 8 years have had that visible in cPanel and FTP. Maybe I got lucky with both hosts? I prefer the one I have now. :)
Always be a little kinder than necessary.
- James M. Barrie

Advertisement: