News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

¿How To Edit The HEAD Box And Foot Box?

Started by Streamlife, October 17, 2014, 08:20:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Streamlife

Hello Everyone Here.
This Time i have One New Issue With My Forum And Thisbe how can modify The Head And Foot Box

without modifying the bottom of the page ( Foot Box )

i can put into my images/theme one back_bg.png image and That change The HEAD of forum But Also Modifying the foot, i Can do This Looking the Code ( Right Click inspect element ) Then i get the code, In this case is Made By Index.css Ok Exelent, But liek i say BEfore If i change the  values, Size/Color's/etc That change the foot and head becouse are The same I need one Imagen ( banner ) To cover my greetings message and Other For Foot  That all i need ) Also I use This Same Post to ASK! Any have One Guide To make one Box Foot?

See Pictures Below please

First One BOX On Greattings Messages
http://i.imgur.com/TfSrdtU.png

And Then One Editable Custom Box On Foot For My Copyright ( I know i cant Modify my Copyright Just need one box )
http://i.imgur.com/3Jaop1T.png

By the Way I know This are possible in all Themes Am ussing The Red Clique Please dont send me to Ask To Red Clique Autor This are possibel in all Themes lol

My Forum Name To Check is www.VskGaming.com.ar/foro
Am ussing 2.0.7 Smf dont Tell me For update I Try it aready and i have 20000 errors am fine with this one ;)

PD: Where are u K@ u allways have one solution for me!!!!! come on bro  :P
Best Regards.

kat

Not this time, I'm afraid. I really don't understand what you want to do, to be honest. :(

As you're talking about footers and headers, though... Maybe... this?

http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=351

ARG01

Quote from: K@ on October 18, 2014, 03:00:20 PM
Not this time, I'm afraid. I really don't understand what you want to do, to be honest.

This threw me off from the very beginning....

Quote...how can modify The Head And Foot Box

without modifying the bottom of the page ( Foot Box )

and I was confused ever since.  ???
No, I will not offer free downloads to Premium DzinerStuido themes. Please stop asking.

kat

Bigguy

I think he means that when he changes the header the footer changes as well and all he wants to do is change the header but can't cause they both change.

Streamlife

Quote from: Bigguy on October 18, 2014, 04:36:42 PM
I think he means that when he changes the header the footer changes as well and all he wants to do is change the header but can't cause they both change.

Exaclty! Just Change One Or Other NoNe The Two  I put Thoes pictures there To guide you guys ;)

and yes Like Bigguy Say I need change The Head ( The line Black i show on picture and is part from foot box the name from File is back_bg.png But Foot and head Share the same Image ( back_bg.png  ) if I change some attribute such as size or color then changes both
That why i need make one APART Logo Banner etc For Head and other For Box, that all

Example This Web page have both  head and foot   https://www.h1z1.com/home

i show it on this picture too

head
http://i.imgur.com/v7HmdUs.png
foot
http://i.imgur.com/sy09N2Y.png

Thanks guys.

Burke ♞ Knight

What is that site? I do not see a SMF forum there at all.
If you are trying to modify a regular web site template, why not go ask the template maker, wherever that person may be.

Streamlife

Quote from: ♞ DeadMan on October 18, 2014, 10:29:21 PM
What is that site? I do not see a SMF forum there at all.
If you are trying to modify a regular web site template, why not go ask the template maker, wherever that person may be.

Dude Read all post No the Last message

Burke ♞ Knight

Dude, learn to make sense in what you post, then maybe people would understand. ;)

Now, as I am unable to see your forum, what theme are you using?
The theme author should be able to help you better.

ARG01

First you need a new image for the top section. Then in index.css you need to change code for the new image for the top section;

#top_section {
    background: url("../images/theme/back_bg.png") repeat scroll 0 0 rgba(0, 0, 0, 0);
    overflow: hidden;
    padding: 5px;
}

Example;

#top_section {
    background: url("../images/theme/new_image.png") repeat scroll 0 0 rgba(0, 0, 0, 0);
}

No, I will not offer free downloads to Premium DzinerStuido themes. Please stop asking.

Irisado

Inflammatory and insulting posts removed.  No more of that please, otherwise further action will be taken.
Soñando con una playa donde brilla el sol, un arco iris ilumina el cielo, y el mar espejea iridescentemente

Streamlife

Thanks For The Reply SimpMode

can you be one little more specific i mean i have this on my index.css

/**** upper area **/
#top_section {
    background: url(../images/theme/back_bg.png) repeat;

But if i change the back_bg.ong Then the head and foot Still changing

You mean i must ADD another code like that one down the other code?

Someting like this

#top_section {
    background: url(../images/theme/back_bg.png) repeat;
    padding: 5px;[/code]

#top_section {
    background: url(../images/theme/new_image.png) repeat;
    padding: 5px;[/code]

i need repeat the same code? or i must put top_section in one and foot_section in other?
am confuse, i going to try both ways

Streamlife

NVM lol I Figured Just like you Say SimpMode

here the code i set

#top_section {
    background: url("../images/theme/back_bg.png") repeat scroll 0 0 rgba(0, 0, 0, 0);
}

#top_section {
    background: url("../images/theme/new.png") repeat scroll 0 0 rgba(0, 0, 0, 0);

was very very simple ;) Thanks so much

Then We can say This part is solve... And What about Foot?  Same way? i try it

Burke ♞ Knight

If it does not already have a footer section, you should be able to use this for footer:

#footer_section {
}

Thyen be sure to add footer_section as the class for the footer section, in the index.template.php file.

Streamlife

hmmm i have  this code into my index.css

#main_footer {
    background: url("../images/theme/back_bg.png") repeat ;
    color: #aaa;
    min-height: 200px;

I put it down? Your code? or i replace

#footer_section {
}

And On my index.template.php i must add that chain like you say, where? exaclty

under this TEXT

// Show the "Powered by" and "Valid" logos, as well as the copyright. Remember, the copyright must be somewhere!

and as I put it? like this

<div class="Footersmf">        and here?
am kinda consufe With this part i apology

Burke ♞ Knight

Okay, a footer box, takes a bit more to do.
There is a mod on the mod site, that will add footer box. That may be better, as I believe it will have settings in the admin panel, for adding the links.

Streamlife

see this DeadMan

i put this on the index.css

#main_footer {
    background: url("../images/theme/back_bg.png") no-repeat;
    background-size: cover;
}

And This is the result
check it

www.vskgaming.com.ar/foro

watch how it looks now

work for me I like it, also i can start making images and see The best oen for me.
( By the way I dint put any code class like u recomend me on my index.template )

NOW exist one little problem Some person have 800x600 monitors resolution or 1280x720  etc with one 1280x720 they saw the page like this image below.
they lose the edges ( well just the Right One ------>  The Left one is perfect and The head bar i made look perfect too, all look's perfect just that Right corner  i try many css codes like  background-repeat: repeat-x;   background-repeat: no-repeat;  but can't catch the right one for this ( like autoadjust )

AND..... exist another little problem  You see i try to contact The Red clique Autor ( is the theme i use -_-"  ) since long time and he never made another post again,t hat mean The guy Quit or, no idea but i send many many message to him and never reply me, ( you can see it here )

http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=499770.msg3752966#msg3752966

The problem in all text on foot are decenter .. i can try modify it Touching the index.css and test but the real !MAIN problem is one word in that footer
see the pic below
the Word Say Echo por VskGaming and must Say Hecho
Echo is like         say ade
and Hecho is like say Made
I miss one word there the "H" So..... Can't found where Change this I do not want to modify the Copyright of thoes Thinks Just modify that Word and Add the "H" before E
then it will "Hecho"

Advertisement: