News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Posting question

Started by DarkAngel612, October 17, 2014, 09:36:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DarkAngel612

At one time when we either hand wrote the code or used the image button to post an image we could click the image and it would immediately open into a new window.

The forum has since quit doing that. Now it opens within the post or if by chance does go to new tab/window the post image also grows.

Is there a setting that might have gotten unchecked to allow links to open in a new tab or window?

also in the Tiny Portal block for the user the avatar is very small, how to make it grow larger, I have tried changing the code in all index.css files for default and portal files and nothing works.
Fantasy Attic ::  Fantasies Realm Market :: SMF 2.0+ with various mods and TinyPortal

Steve

What version of SMF are you on now?
DO NOT pm me for support!

DarkAngel612

Fantasy Attic ::  Fantasies Realm Market :: SMF 2.0+ with various mods and TinyPortal

DarkAngel612

user box has been fixed and now the larger ava is able to be used.

Any ideas how to get posted (linked not attached) images to open in a new window or NOT to grow to full size in post itself.

DarkAngel612

Quote from: ApplianceJunk on October 20, 2014, 12:36:55 AM
http://www.bbcode.org/examples/?id=10

Yes and thank you but we all already know how to do the code...it is the code that is not behaving in the forums.

The members all write the code correctly--I have gone into edit to verify but it is no matter if we use [/url][/img][/img]

This is one of the codes we have tried:

[img width=600]http://fantasiesrealm.com/market/showcase/albums/userpics/10001/featuring-fuzzy-logic.jpg[/img]

And when clicking the image (in our forums) we sometimes get it to get bigger in the post or in a new window but also in the post.

No idea if it will do it here or not.....----I just clicked the image and yes it opened within the post large needing to scroll sideways to see it.

Different browsers...different locations.

Steve

At least it's not just you. Clicking the above image does the same for me and clicking it again returns it to the originally shown size.

Do you have max image size set in your ACP?

DarkAngel612

yes if we post most images they are already set to 600 or 700, can't remember which and it still makes no difference, clicking the image still gives the same results...I even set it lower and it did not matter.

Steve

What if you remove the restrictions altogether (put 0's in the option). Does it still do it then?

DarkAngel612

Quote from: Steve on October 21, 2014, 08:44:11 AM
What if you remove the restrictions altogether (put 0's in the option). Does it still do it then?

yes it does, I tried that and it does seem to be happening at all forums with all browsers or themes....weird

Advertisement: