News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Where to find licence line

Started by Rumpa, October 17, 2014, 11:25:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rumpa

Hi all

Can anyone help me to find out this line to find out
" SMF 2.0.9 | SMF © 2014 , Simple Machines"

I am waiting for answer.

Thank you.

Arantor

For what purpose, exactly?

No-one here will help you remove this or remove the links in it.

Rumpa

Quote from: Arantor on October 17, 2014, 11:42:40 PM
For what purpose, exactly?

No-one here will help you remove this or remove the links in it.
no no no I don't want to remove that.

I wanna put a code below that line.

so give me the links.

Arantor

It's not as simple as that. The line is built as a composite in multiple places to prevent tampering.

It would help to know what you are actually trying to achieve and not only could we advise you on the best place to do it, we could even advise you whether it's actually legal since it sounds like you're going to be trying to claim copyright on the posts being posted to your forum (which isn't likely to be particularly legitimate, because under the terms of the Berne convention, copyright exists and subsists in work the minute it is created, for the author, and cannot be just handed over wholesale to another copyright holder)

Sir Osis of Liver

Possibly we're overthinking the question?

If you just want to add a line below the copyright, it's in index.template.php -

<div id="footer_section"><div class="frame">
<ul class="reset">
<li class="copyright">', theme_copyright(), '</li>

<li>blahblahblahblahblahblahblah</li><br />

<li><a id="button_xhtml" href="http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=referer" target="_blank" class="new_win" title="', $txt['valid_xhtml'], '"><span>', $txt['xhtml'], '</span></a></li>
', !empty($modSettings['xmlnews_enable']) && (!empty($modSettings['allow_guestAccess']) || $context['user']['is_logged']) ? '<li><a id="button_rss" href="' . $scripturl . '?action=.xml;type=rss" class="new_win"><span>' . $txt['rss'] . '</span></a></li>' : '', '
<li class="last"><a id="button_wap2" href="', $scripturl , '?wap2" class="new_win"><span>', $txt['wap2'], '</span></a></li>
</ul>';

Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

Rumpa

Quote from: Krash on October 18, 2014, 12:24:55 AM
Possibly we're overthinking the question?

If you just want to add a line below the copyright, it's in index.template.php -

<div id="footer_section"><div class="frame">
<ul class="reset">
<li class="copyright">', theme_copyright(), '</li>

<li>blahblahblahblahblahblahblah</li><br />

<li><a id="button_xhtml" href="http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=referer" target="_blank" class="new_win" title="', $txt['valid_xhtml'], '"><span>', $txt['xhtml'], '</span></a></li>
', !empty($modSettings['xmlnews_enable']) && (!empty($modSettings['allow_guestAccess']) || $context['user']['is_logged']) ? '<li><a id="button_rss" href="' . $scripturl . '?action=.xml;type=rss" class="new_win"><span>' . $txt['rss'] . '</span></a></li>' : '', '
<li class="last"><a id="button_wap2" href="', $scripturl , '?wap2" class="new_win"><span>', $txt['wap2'], '</span></a></li>
</ul>';

It's a one place to add my own line below this or any other part.

Kindred

Just to note the guidelines for adding copyright statements on mods...

If a mod is on every page of the site, then we "allow" a copyright for the mod in the footer.

If your mod only triggers in certain pages, then it is strongly encouraged that you either only show the additional copyright on those specific pages -- or you use the hooks that allow you to add your copyright into the credits page.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Arantor

QuotePossibly we're overthinking the question?

No. We have to be extremely careful about this, not only for the user's part but SMF's own liability.

Advertisement: