The download package is either corrupt or not compatible

Started by Imitator, October 18, 2014, 05:50:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Imitator

Click on "Update Your Forum" on the Admin Home page and I get "The package you are trying to download or install is either corrupt or not compatible with this version of SMF."
Our forum is currently at release 1.1.19.  All previous updates have worked like a charm.

Any suggestions gratefully received.
Thanks

kat

Imitator

Forum is at 1.1.19 and many functions crippled to the point nobody can post  :(so finally dared to try and upgrade using SMF_1-1-20_update.php
Uploaded all the files as instructed or at least I think I did.  A few from Sources go replicated on the root level.
All hell broke loose.  :( Any suggestions gratefully received.  Really need to convert to version 2
Thanks in advance

Upgrading...
Updating Settings.php... Successful.

Warning: file(/home/www/lymechat.freehostia.com/upgrade_1-1.sql) [function.file]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/www/lymechat.freehostia.com/upgrade.php on line 2201

Warning: implode() [function.implode]: Bad arguments. in /home/www/lymechat.freehostia.com/upgrade.php on line 2232

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/www/lymechat.freehostia.com/upgrade.php on line 2236
Successful.
   Updating version number... done.
Taking the forum out of maintenance mode... Successful.
Upgrade Complete
That wasn't so hard, was it? Now you are ready to use your installation of SMF. Hope you like it!
Delete this upgrade.php and its data files now. (doesn't work on all servers.)

If you had any problems with this upgrade, or have any problems using SMF, please don't hesitate to look to us for assistance.

Best of luck,
Simple Machines

Illori

you should really be looking to upgrade to SMF 2.0 not SMF 1.1.20.

http://wiki.simplemachines.org/smf/Upgrading

you dont need to upgrade to 1.1.20 before you upgrade to 2.0.

Imitator

Managed a forum SQL backup and a successful restore to a second empty test file. 

Started plodding along with the source uploads,  backed out and got Filezilla connected after which uploading especially of sub-directories was a snap.

Started running the SMF_2-0-11 upgrade.  Got some errors about "nothing happening after a period of time"  Pressed retry as suggested.

Step progress 14% after 42 minutes so looks like a projected 5 hours just for the database changes.  Some additional SQL status metric indications than just the ticking clock would be a re-assurance that something is actually happening between the minuscule creeping status bar other than a loop. Five hours does seem excessive since database backup and restore literally took seconds.  Backup.sql file is 16meg. 

"this may take some time on large forums. " Is five hours usual for a 16meg database?
Thanks

Imitator

!! Error Database "Scheduled_Tasks" does not exist.  (14 of 42 of this script)

Clock stopped at 143 minutes.  Pressing "Continue" has no effect.   Not sure I even need "Scheduled_Tasks" d/b.  Can I step over or create it and resume somehow.  Any Suggestions?
Thanks

Imitator

There seems to be something missing from my upgrade process as it is getting hung on missing SQL tables which it should have been able to create?   Perhaps I need to back out and re-stratergize?

!! Error Database "Scheduled_Tasks" does not exist.  (14 of 42 of this script)

Went into the PhpMyAdmin and plonked in a new table smf_scheduled_tasks using code found in upgrade_2-0_mysql.sql.  as a basis.  Not sure I specified it correctly.

---# Creating Scheduled Task Table...
CREATE TABLE IF NOT EXISTS {$db_prefix}scheduled_tasks (
   id_task smallint(5) NOT NULL auto_increment,
   next_time int(10) NOT NULL default '0',
   time_offset int(10) NOT NULL default '0',
   time_regularity smallint(5) NOT NULL default '0',
   time_unit varchar(1) NOT NULL default 'h',
   disabled tinyint(3) NOT NULL default '0',
   task varchar(24) NOT NULL default '',
   PRIMARY KEY (id_task),
   KEY next_time (next_time),
   KEY disabled (disabled),
   UNIQUE task (task)
) ENGINE=MyISAM{$db_collation};

Managed to resume the update until step 16 when I got a similar problem with permissions_profiles.  Attempted to add that table as well using code below as a model. 

---# Creating "permission_profiles" table...
CREATE TABLE IF NOT EXISTS {$db_prefix}permission_profiles (
   id_profile smallint(5) NOT NULL auto_increment,
   profile_name varchar(255) NOT NULL default '',
   PRIMARY KEY (id_profile)
) ENGINE=MyISAM{$db_collation};

Must have screwed up because after a hopeful resumption,  I got
Executing: "Adding permission profiles for boards." (16 of 42)

!!
Error!
You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '' at line 5

Help!

Kindred

if you are doing it manually in phpmyadmin, you have to replace the php with actual SQL...

{$db_prefix} needs to be your actual prefix
same thing with {$db_collation}
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Imitator

Hi Kindred.  Thanks for your reply.

I did use the correct prefix hence step 14 and step 15 actually completed before hanging on another table at step 16,  but why did I have to do this?  What am I missing in the automated UPGRADE process?   

I don't have the specs for your conversion process.  I don't have the specs for the before and after sql databases and anyway am not qualified nor should I be messing in this way.  I am just stabbing in the dark.

I used smf_2-0-11_upgrade.  Is this correct to convert 1.1.19 to 2.0?

Thanks

Kindred

yes, that is the correct file.

I have no idea why your server is not completing the upgrade process or performing the SQL statements...

I have done close to 100 upgrades from 1.1.x to 2.0.x at this point and I have never seen the errors that you are having.
I believe that you have them... but I have no idea what could be causing the issue.

There are a WHOLE BUNCH of SQL commands and updates that need to be made to convert from 1.1.x to 2.0.x

not sure what the step16 error is related to...  might be the engine statement...
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Imitator

Guess I am stuck.   I have to try and restore back to my broken version 1.1.19.   Your update seems unable to handle my situation.

I didn't set this up originally so I don't know if it was modified in any way.   I ran all the updates as they arrived no problem until update 1.1.19 (corrupt or not compatible) and just limped on from there. 

Would be helpful to know just what tables I should have for version 19 and thus what I am missing that screws up the process. 

Kindred

it's not only new tables, there are revisions to column names and types and additional columns that need to be done for 2.0

The only way to go back would be to restore the backup of the files and database that you took before the backup attempt
Слaва
Украинi

Imitator

Restored the SQL database.  Hadn't realized that a "full backup" didn't include forum source files. Don't have a copy of the source code so downloaded smf_1-1-19_install to get the version 19 source and uploaded that back to the server.   

Forum is locking me out pending upgrade.  Feel like I am digging a hole ever deeper. Got to get back on the air.  Any suggestions where  I go from here?
Thanks

Imitator

Can I do a clean install of version 2.0 then run your database conversion on my 1.1.19 SQL database?

Kindred

no...    a "clean install" of v2 would erase your settings.php

the only difference between a clean install and the "large upgrade" archive is that the clean install sets up a new database with new connections.
The large upgrade has all of the same files, along with the upgrade files (and does not overwrite your settings.php)

If your system is choking during the upgrade, then it would also choke during the upgrade doing what you just suggested.

locking you out how?   Maintenance mode?  If so, change the maintenance argument in Settings.php to 0 instead of 2.
Слaва
Украинi

Imitator

Thanks Kindred.  Changed the maintenance mode to zero and forum is back up in the same crippled mode as before but thinks it is now version 1.1.18!

All posts and members can be displayed but any attempt to post or reply to a post kicks back to home screen.  Calendar returns "Invalid year value."

Logon needs a second enter to be enacted to get in.  Not always able to move from one tab to another.

I noticed an option for extra debug data on the way in to the upgrade process.   Perhaps I could try that also but first is there a model I can look at to compare my database to  see what discrepancies there are as these seem to be screwing up your upgrade process.  Scheduled_tasks and permission_profiles for starters.

I could give you credentials offline to surf the forum and see for yourself?

Kindred

I'm sorry... I (personally) do not have time to do that right now. Perhaps one of the other team members can step in.

There is no specific model... but I guess you could install a separate copy of 2.0.11 and compare that against your 1.1.x database.

Слaва
Украинi

margarett

You are using a free host and it suggests that maybe you're hitting some limits on it. I see that freehostia gives 10Mb of MySQL Storage which, honestly, is nothing.
SMF 1.1.x does NOT have a "Scheduled Tasks" table, so the upgrade tool needs to create it. If it automatically failed maybe that is being discarded for being out of quota?

If the 10Mb limit for the database is true, I can only suggest you to find other host. You will *not* be able to run anything over that.

Or, are you using one of their paid plans?
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

Imitator

Hi Margarett,
Thanks for taking the time to dig in to this problem.

We are on a plan with Freehostia.  We have a 65 Meg MYSQL quota,  and 500megs of data.  we are only using a fraction of that.  We are allowed 2 SQL databases.  We use 1 for SMF but I did set up a second one to successfully try out the database restore.  I can delete that. If the upgrade created a third interim additional SQL database that would have blown limits but we got no such message.  With a projected 5hrs for the database upgrade process and a 16meg backup file, I do wonder just how much space and records are being added during this process. 

The first message I got was of a missing scheduled_task table.  Since you say this is a 2.0-only table a create failed somewhere in the upgrade with no error thrown.  I simply created an empty one to try and resume the process and did succeed only to hang two steps further along at step 16.  I was very unsure of what I was doing. 
Chris

margarett

That's really not enough... 65Mb in MySQL is also very little.
As Kindred said, we have 100s of upgrades performed. Yes, there are some hiccups here and there but that's a problem I never saw and, considering the limitations of your service, I can't help but blame that...

You can always export your db and files to your localhost, run the upgrade there and then restore stuff to the server. Yet again, 65Mb of database space is NOT enough. Heck, it's kinda XX century :P

Edit: if you don't mind me asking, how much do you pay for that service?
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

Advertisement: