News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

The download package is either corrupt or not compatible

Started by Imitator, October 18, 2014, 05:50:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Imitator

Deleted the second SQL database so was sitting with 26.2meg in a 65meg allocation.  Re-ran the upgrade and it hung in exactly the same place.  smf_scheduled_tasks.  Last time I created it manually and the process ran on two more steps.
Displaying my account stats,  I am still sitting at 26.2meg of a possible 65meg.
Do you write a progress/error log for the process?  How much more work SQL space than my database space do I need?
File space seems minimal.

48%  Overall Progress
49%  Step Progress
Time Elapsed: 385 mins, 23 seconds.
Database Changes
Executing database changes
Please be patient - this may take some time on large forums. The time elapsed increments from the server to show progress is being made!
Executing upgrade script 2 of 2.
Executing: "Adding Scheduled Tasks Data." (15 of 42 - of this script)

Updating indexes on "messages"...done

///////////////////
///////////////////

Sorting the boards...done
Moving to next script file...done
Populating Scheduled Task Table...done

!!
Error!
Table '**********.smf_scheduled_tasks' doesn't exist

margarett

I would seriously advise you to "assemble" your forum in your localhost (eg, use XAMPP), run the upgrade in place and then import stuff back to your server ;)
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

Imitator

Do you guys have a cheat sheet for how to do this?  XAMPP,  localhost???

Kindred

Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Imitator

Downloaded XAMPP and tried it.   Created an SQL database and tried to import my saved data.   It told me my import file was too big.  Reading the documentation (FAQs) I learn that all is done in memory and it ran out.  I thought that was why we used disc files.   I guess XAMPP is not an option.   I don't consider 26meg a large file.   The max I can upgrade to on Freehostia is 120meg SQL but only for the entire year and I have no returned errors to demonstrate that this is the problem.

Our forum has been down for too long,  I have spent many long frustrating nights on this and the upgrade doesn't seem possible. 

Is there a REPAIR option for my forum now version 1.1.18?  I need to hunker down until there is a viable 2.0 upgrade solution?   I see others now asking for help with this same upgrade,  and some on localhost with XAMPP which is very discouraging?

Meanwhile, 
How different in size is a 2.0 database compared with its 1.1.19 equivalent?

How many databases does the upgrade create in addition to the original if any?

How many tables are in the 2.0 database?

How much extra SQL workspace does the upgrade need as a rough percentage of the database it is processing?

Still trying to figure out total space allocation I need to upgrade having  started out with 27meg database. 
Thanks

Imitator

I  upgraded my host plan four grades more than doubling the SQL allocation limits to 140meg and allowing for 50 SQL databases instead of 2.

Restored and re-ran my upgrade script.  With double the space it hung at exactly the same place as before 49% complete.
It Sorted the boards,  moved to the next script file,  and populated the scheduled_task table then lo and behold it hung unable to find same scheduled_task table it supposedly just populated.

Looking at my SQL usage,  it is  sitting  at 24.5meg (26.2 last time).   

Looking at the Scheduled task data,  this is not something we need  or would have used – we don't even keep birthdates.

There just has to be an anomaly in the upgrade script where this table is concerned at least as far as our database situation is concerned.  Could you please take another look at it?
Thanks

margarett

Quote from: Imitator on February 12, 2016, 02:20:33 AM
I  upgraded my host plan four grades more than doubling the SQL allocation limits to 140meg and allowing for 50 SQL databases instead of 2.
I'm sorry you did that. It's still an awful plan (140Mb is NOTHING!) and you should have considered an alternative host. For as little as $15-$20/year (even less in some cases) you find packages with limits in the Gb ranges. I hope you don't pay more than $0,05/month :-\

QuoteI guess XAMPP is not an option.
XAMPP is a perfect option ;) You can either import the database via command line (eg: mysql -u root your_database < your_sql_file.sql) or increase the upload limit if phpmyadmin
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/12707822/how-to-increase-import-size-limit-in-phpmyadmin

QuoteIs there a REPAIR option for my forum now version 1.1.18?
If you have a backup from before you started the upgrade process, just restore it and you should be fine, while we "study" why it happens to you. If not, the upgrade *must* finish now.

QuoteThere just has to be an anomaly in the upgrade script where this table is concerned at least as far as our database situation is concerned
Not really, no... Of course, the upgrade script isn't perfect but it has performed countless operations and I don't ever recall a problem like that. I can only guess that your host uses some kind of cache which creates a "time displacement" between the table creation and its availability for the following operation.

I can offer you the following: pick your database dump, zip and password protect it (use a strong password), then upload the file somewhere in the internet and PM me the download link. I'll upgrade the database for you and send it back.

I'm sorry you're having problems, but I'm strongly convinced that *no* part of that is SMF's fault... :(

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

Imitator

Hi Margarett,
Sent you details you asked for via PM.   Here is hoping I missed something obvious.
Pls confirm you were able to access the database so I can take it down,
Thanks

margarett

Hi.

I didn't get any PM from you today. Are you sure you sent it to me?

margarett

Imitator

Hope Filezilla has not corrupted the file sent to you....
"Status:   Insecure server, it does not support FTP over TLS.

margarett

As I expected, the upgrade was performed flawlessly in my local machine.

Again, I can only suggest you (again) to choose a different host.
Just to be clear, is this your current plan?

Imitator

Hi Margarett,
Yes,  that IS my current plan (sigh)
Thanks for coming up trumps on this.  Glad it went so easily for you.  Got everything uploaded but seemed to have blown the d/b access dotting one too many "i"s.   Have a ticket in with freehostia support in case they have suggestions.

"Connection Problems    -  Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later."

repair_settings claimed d/b settings were incorrect didn't know what to suggest as a preferred value beyond /localhost.   See PM.\
Thanks

Imitator

A great step forward.  Freehostia Support came through and reset my SQL pointers.  I can now bring up a version 2 forum with your converted database.   

However,  this forum has the same problems as our 1.1.19 version.  Can surf anywhere in the forum UNTIL I try a post.  Unable to post any messages replies or send msgs. 
As soon as I select the REPLY tab I cripple the forum.  It kicks me back to the home screen instead and I am stuck there unable even to log off. 

Had an initial pblm with theme pointers which was able to resolve.   Repair_settings was crashing again.  Haven't figured that out yet.
Fatal error: Call to undefined function: array_combine() in /home/www/***.freehostia.com/Sources/Subs-Db-mysql.php on line 649

Lines 648/649
foreach ($data as $dataRow)
      $insertRows[] = smf_db_quote($insertData, array_combine($indexed_columns, $dataRow), $connection);

Kindred

at this point, I am not sure what else we can do except heartily recommend going to a new host
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Imitator

Perhaps point me to the source.php files containing the theme,  avatar and smiley URLs and Directory pointers which repair_settings.php shows as obviously incorrect so I can manually edit them?
Thanks

Kindred

that won't help.  There are no PATHS or URLS biult into those files -- they pull the path and URL info from Settings.php or the database entries

and fixing those is what repair_settings.php does
Слaва
Украинi

margarett

array_combine is a PHP function and it seems to be PHP5+ only. SMF does provide a compat library for pre-PHP5 versions.
So in any case, that error can NEVER occur.

Please, *please*, change hosts. At 9,95/month you can GET A VPS!!! not a crippled service with 100Mb for databases...
(do note, I'm not saying you should get a VPS, you shouldn't, it's just a comparison :P )

Imitator

Guess you are right. (grovel)   Cruised the Freehostia home page to explore all the wonderful and very easy ways it could be used and there was an item called discussion boards,  and there was Simple Machines - just click here.

I clicked here and had a clone 2.0.1 forum set up in seconds with a welcoming post from simple machines.  It did warn me about a directory problem for themes which could be instantly fixed if I "click here" which I did.

Tried to do a post and KABOOM,  same as my forum,  it became crippled,  and kicked me back to the home screen where it froze.  Will try the Freehostia customer support.    These millennials,  so XXI!  Guess nobody tests anything anymore.....

Advertisement: