News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

From livesite to localhost - missing attachments and avatars

Started by radu81, October 19, 2014, 05:40:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

radu81

Hello

I wanted to make some tests and I prefer doing them in localhost. The method I use always worked without problems. Here are the steps that I usually do:
- cpanel - file manager - make a zip of all ftp files
- from phpmyadmin I export a zip file with all tables of database
- with filezilla - download zip file to my localhost
- unzip ftp files
- import database
- change settings.php
- run repair-settings.php
- change path to custom template

The forum is runing but no avatars or attachments are displayed. As I said I use this method for years, it always worked but not now. Am I missing something?

thank you in advance
sorry for my bad english

kat

Paths. Check them, for attachments and avatars, in their respective settings sections.

Or, perhaps...

http://wiki.simplemachines.org/smf/Repair_settings.php

radu81

I always run repair-settings.php, that's strange.... I did this lots of times and never seen this problem
sorry for my bad english

kat

Is ANYTHING displayed? I guess a gander at the error log might glean something useful.

Kindred

Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

radu81

Sorry for delay and thanks all for ansering.

I have multiple folders for attachments and afetr runing repair settings there was no folder mentioned as path.

The problems was with repair-settings.php file, it was an old version. My fault :(
sorry for my bad english

Advertisement: