News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Integrating with custom site

Started by jonyo, October 13, 2005, 01:12:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jonyo

I have a custom site I'm making for someone.  I am trying to get it to log into the custom site and into smf at the same time, so that when I use the SSI functions, they are logged in so they see info relative to them. 

Using smf_api.php I have gotten it to set cookies correctly, and to authenticate correctly (well at least both functions return true), but for some reason it does not actually log in.

I am wondering if maybe it's because I'm using php5, or maybe smf_api doesn't fully work yet? (it lists as a pre release on the download page)

I searched through the forums here but couldn't find any subjects on logging in from outside of smf, other than issues with existing portals/CMS's...  If there is already a thread on this subject could someone please point it out to me?

thanks for any help!
-Jonyo

Oldiesmann

Why not just use the ssi_login function to handle both logins?
Michael Eshom
Christian Metal Fans

jonyo

Quote from: Oldiesmann on October 18, 2005, 02:29:49 PM
Why not just use the ssi_login function to handle both logins?

The ssi_login prints out a login if you are not currently logged in, and when you click on the button to log in, it takes you to a smf controlled page. And I can't get the redirect to work.

I did get it to log in (finally) using smf_api, the error was on my part.  I was using the wrong version of smf_api for the version of smf I had...  Now I have it logging in, logging out, etc.  I'm pulling in data from the SMF site using iframes, since smf_api and SSI don't play well together, I just use an iframe to load a page that uses the SSI functions...  Not the nicest way of doing it but it works for now untill I get around to coding something that uses the api.

I even have it set up so that if the user is somehow logged out of SMF but they are still logged into my program, it auto logs them back into SMF (which is handy since I display stuff like if they have any new PM's)

Advertisement: