News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Prev and Next page links ?

Started by RSI, October 19, 2014, 10:43:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RSI

Hello,

Does anyone know if there is a Prev and Next page button/link mod for SMF?

The little numbers are really inadequate and hard for some of my users to see. You have the standard Prev and Next topic feature, but not for the pages within the same topic.

If there is not a mod is there some way to convert the Prev and Next topic link for the pages instead?

Thanks

kat

I'm no coder. Not by a LONG way...

But, I would imagine that you can make the page numbers bigger, by editing index.css.

From what I can figure-out, this section controls those numbers:

.pagelinks
{
padding: 0.6em 0 0.4em 0;
}

I would assume that changing that, to include a font size, would work. Something like, say:

.pagelinks
{
padding: 0.6em 0 0.4em 0;
        font-size:14px;
}

But... I could've just typed the biggest load of ol' rubbish ever typed. So, before you give it a go, please keep a copy of the original file, as a backup.

I just tried it, on one of my themes, and it worked a treat! :)

radu81

Quote from: K@ on October 20, 2014, 06:35:51 AM
But, I would imagine that you can make the page numbers bigger, by editing index.css.

there is also a mod for that if could be useful http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=3235
sorry for my bad english

Streamlife

Quote from: K@ on June 08, 2014, 05:13:57 PM
What about this? http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=3235

Use it is just Wonderful This mod
Smart Pagination
I use Since K@ told me about this and Work Excellent.

LOL

RSI

Quote from: radu81 on October 20, 2014, 09:41:32 AM
Quote from: K@ on October 20, 2014, 06:35:51 AM

there is also a mod for that if could be useful http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=3235

Thanks, that definitely made a big improvement. I had to disable the standard Prev and Next links a while back because my users kept clicking on them thinking it meant the previous and next pages and they couldn't figure out why the next post didn't make any sense not realizing it was the next topic and not the next page instead. Not sure why it was made to navigate thru the topics and not the pages in the first place? It's too confusing...

Kindred

because the navigation through the pages of the topic are to the left...  navigation to the next/previous topic/thread are to the right...
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Arantor

Though I know several people who've said the same thing to me. Perhaps if it actually said 'previous topic, next topic' that would help.

Illori

in 2.1 they do say previous topic - next topic and are located only at the top of the topic.

Arantor

Kindred

it would indeed help. :) and so it was done.

If only everything was that easy.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Advertisement: