News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

I recently changed server providers...

Started by Pineapple212, October 19, 2014, 08:08:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pineapple212

Hey guys, i recently changed server providers to say a bit of money. And naturally i had to reinstall all my forums. So I made a SMF Backup file (probably my first mistake) and also copied all of the files from the FTP (not the database). When i got to my new website, i set up myphpadmin and smf. I managed to restore my old themes and addons for SMF but not all of the posts, members, topics, etc...

When i use myphpadmin to import the backup i made through SMF it says that the import was complete but i see no changes :( Any help?? Im in dire need of help!!

Kindred

Well, is the data actually in the database?
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Pineapple212

How do i find out? When i import the database backup it says "mport has been successfully finished, 478 queries executed. (a1t1329101030065-complete_2014-10-18.sql.gz"

Kindred

Look in the database tables in phpmyadmin...  Are they filled with data?

Is the database info correct in your settings,php? Pointing to the new database?
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Pineapple212

There is no data in any of the database entries :( Is there any way i can dig around the backup that was made?

I'm aware using SMF to create the backups is flawed but is there any salvaging the situation?

Pineapple212

I checked the .sql file and it seems to have all of my info. All of the members, posts, topics and everything! But when i import it, it doesnt get put into my current server database tables :( Any work arounds?

Kindred

Слaва
Украинi

Colin

When you import the SQL dump via PHPMYADMIN it should give you a list of how many records were imported. If the SQL dump has the data then your data is safe.
"If everybody is thinking alike, then somebody is not thinking." - Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

Colin

Kindred

Colin - read above... he received that message...  but then indicates that the the database has no actual records

that's why I told him to check with his host since I would assume that the database details are probably being imported into a secondary database, not his primary...
Слaва
Украинi

Colin

The part I was hoping to clear up was

QuoteSMF it says that the import was complete

SMF shouldn't be saying the import was complete, PHPMYADMIN should.
"If everybody is thinking alike, then somebody is not thinking." - Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

Colin

Kindred

I think you misread...  ;)

QuoteWhen i use myphpadmin to import the backup i made through SMF it says that the import was complete   

He made the backup ftom smf...
He imported in phpmyadmin
Слaва
Украинi

Advertisement: