Missing items in menu bar

Started by Dragon41673, October 20, 2014, 09:37:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dragon41673

Ok, I was just informed that my users cannot see the items like "My Messages" or "Profile" in the menu bar, but I can...so obviously it is a setting I've missed. I've searched & searched, but I cannot find the answer.

Where do I go to change what the user can see on the menu bar?

Thanks
Owner - Aries Games & Miniatures

Rumpa

What are you doing last in your forum.
I mean which mod you have last installed or anything last change.

Dragon41673

Well, this is a new forum, just opened it up to the users from my previous forum. I thought I checked everything...but obviously not.

The only mods I have installed are the following in order of install...

2.0.9 Update
Spoiler Tag
BK-Modding Sub-Board

margarett

Did you change something in permissions from default?
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

ziycon

As you have very few mods try this quick one to rule out a mod issue, can an you try un-installing all mods (expect 2.0.9) and see if users can see the main navigation, if they can then enable one mod at a time to see what mod is causing the issue.

If your still having trouble let us know.

Dragon41673

I think I just figured it out. For some reason, the Moderator option wasn't allowing me to add people to it, so I created a new user group called Moderator and added people to it...but I didn't select certain things on their permissions as I was copying them over from my previous forum for their abilities. I've got a message out to them now to check...but I have to leave for work. I'll know more later this afternoon.

Kindred

you can never add people to the moderator group.

that is a "special" group that only exists (and is defined) within specific boards.
People are only moderators in a board to which they have been added as a moderator (in the BOARD settings, not in membergroup assignment)
outside of that specific board, they are not moderators and thus, are not defined as part of that group.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Dragon41673

Gotcha, thank you! I've deleted MY moderator entry, and tested it out with a test account, and all seems to be working. Sorry for such a stupid move, I thought something went wrong with the install since I couldn't add anyone! hahaha

Thank you for the help!

Advertisement: