Can't find file: 'smf_members' (errno: 2)

Started by Vaskania, October 20, 2014, 03:37:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vaskania

Need some help. When accessing our forums, I get hit in the face with this error and nothing else. Trying to access the smf_members table in the db via phpmyadmin yields the same error. We've been using TinyPortal + SMF for years and I've never ran into something like this. I've ran repair and optimize queries on the smf_members table, but that didn't seem to do anything.

I haven't touched our forums in any manner that would start resulting in errors, no upgrades, no mods, no anything.

Thanks.

/edit
I downloaded a db backup through cpanel to see if it's just smf_members or more, and got an error in the file instead of the db listing.

mysqldump: Got error: 1017: Can't find file: 'smf_log_topics' (errno: 2) when using LOCK TABLES

Kindred

I would suggest talking to your host.... it sounds like they have some issues on their database server....
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Vaskania

kat

Would you be so good as to let us know how you get on, Vask?

Vaskania

I will. :)

I have to go through the owner of the actual account to go contact the host. I maintain the site, but he actually pays the bill and has all that info.

Vaskania

*Update*

Apparently our webhost made some upgrades to their servers, which caused our databases to break. They said they replaced our database with a backup from about a week before this happened, but when I went into the db, there were no tables in the db. /facepalm

I ran a backup *.sql from June, and that got our site back up and running. It's not a very active site, so we didn't lose too much (maybe 1 or 2 registrations and a couple posts).

kat

Phew! I guess that's better'n nothing...

Thanks, for that!

Advertisement: