News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Integrate SMF Users to Wordpress CMS

Started by undeR., October 20, 2014, 05:07:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

undeR.

I was searcing for a while and i found nothing about that.

I want to integrate SMF users to WP users, the users can post from SMF acc to WP articles, and to use same cookie for logging.
First time logged in SMF, automaticly be logged in Wordpress.

Is that possible?

Arantor

Possible, in theory, but there's no current bridge for it, mostly because most people here don't believe it to be a good idea, when you can just drop a portal mod in and get pretty much the same thing with a single system

Kindred

also - unless things have changed, there is the problem of colliding variables. :(
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

correspond

There used to be WP plugins for it but they are not supported anymore.

undeR.

Arantor

Quote from: Arantor on October 20, 2014, 05:14:22 PM
Possible, in theory, but there's no current bridge for it, mostly because most people here don't believe it to be a good idea, when you can just drop a portal mod in and get pretty much the same thing with a single system

As in, yes it is but no-one with the skills cares enough to make it happen.

undeR.

Quote from: Arantor on October 29, 2014, 06:39:19 PM
Quote from: Arantor on October 20, 2014, 05:14:22 PM

As in, yes it is but no-one with the skills cares enough to make it happen.

Well, nice. We have too much skilled programmers, and no-one won't to make a bridge for two perfect CMS. Thanks to all. :)

Arantor

There are actually very, very few people here with that kind of skill, and all of them use portals to keep it all in SMF. Including the one crazy guy who ports WP themes to SMF and built a blog addition to specifically avoid the tangled performance mess that is WP.

Advertisement: