News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

The MySQL Connection could not be established.

Started by Naoyuki, October 20, 2014, 11:33:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Naoyuki

Hello, first time having to do this so not sure what information you need exactly. When trying to upgrade my SMF (Softaculous) from version 2.0.7 to 2.0.9 I get the error "The MySQL Connection could not be established." When trying to log onto my site, I get an error code 503 on my PC, and "Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. Please try again later." on my phone.
  Any help would be greatly appreciated, thank you.

Kindred

You should not upgrade with softaculous... Upgrade using the internal, smf patching option.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Naoyuki

Is there a way to get a file that was lost back? I notice there is a file missing when I check the hosting website or my FTP. So basically when accidentally misplacing or deleting a file from a server, where does it go? I think my issue would be solved if I could find that file.

Kindred

You can upload a completely fresh set of files using the large upgrade archive.  See the FAQ on loading a fresh set of files
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Advertisement: