Hidden pages for guest, Make visible

Started by MyTime, October 21, 2014, 10:47:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MyTime

I have pages that I want too make visible for guest and I can't seem too make them visible threw the permissions, such as a helpdesk page I have, when I log into an account, it is one of the pages on the top navigation bar, but as guest, you can not see it.
Any tips?

Arantor

SimpleDesk, assuming you are using that, cannot be configured to be accessible to guests.

MyTime

Is there another helpdesk that you know of that could be configured?
thank you for your response, sir

Arantor

Not for SMF, no.

And I should know - I wrote SimpleDesk precisely because of that.

MyTime

Nice lol, Oh Okay. Why do you have it hidden for guest ? I didn't know you where the developer. XD

Kindred

because a helpdesk requires a certain amount of interaction -- and requiring the person entering a ticket to be a user means that much of the information is alreayd entered...

I know of NO helpdesk system that allows guests to post tickets
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Arantor

Because there's simply no support in any of it for handling guest tickets.

How do you check that one guest is not a different guest? The least worst approach I've seen to date is what osTicket uses, which is to 'log in' (without actually logging in) where you just need the email address and ticket id. But if you know the email address you can just brute force your way in.

At least if you have an account, that's a much simpler problem to solve.

MyTime

Well, I wasn't planning too give them permissions too post tickets or anything, but just allow them too view the previous tickets and sticky the most common questions and use helpdesk as a FAQ. or Common Questions Center.

margarett

IIRC, SD has the possibility to dump the ticket to a topic in a fixed board. So if your guests can see that board, problem solved ;)
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

Kindred

consdiring helpdesks usually contain personl or sensitive information, that is also a bad idea...

if you want a FAQ or knowledgebase, there are mods for each of those...
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Arantor

Quote from: CannabisGamerClub on October 21, 2014, 12:19:37 PM
Well, I wasn't planning too give them permissions too post tickets or anything, but just allow them too view the previous tickets and sticky the most common questions and use helpdesk as a FAQ. or Common Questions Center.

Helpdesk is the wrong tool for the job.

MyTime

Could I ask a question about downloading a package here or should I go somewhere else? Everytime i'v asked I haven't really been helped

Arantor

The general preference is one topic per problem so that others can refer to them later.

MyTime

Kindred

Do not PM me with questions like that. Asking on the forum is the correct way to do things, not PM.

The FAQ is here
https://github.com/MissAllSunday/faq
Слaва
Украинi

MyTime

Advertisement: