News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Guests causing error in error log

Started by RSI, October 21, 2014, 05:27:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RSI

Hello,

I occasionally get the error below in the error log and wondering how to correct it.

http://mysite.com/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=44.0;attach=102;image

8: Undefined index: html_headers

File: /home/myaccount/public_html/Sources/Subs.php

Line: 4606

My first guess is it might be a line missing somewhere in one of the .english.php languages files, but that might be completely wrong. I did some reading there was a similar error (or the same one) version 2.0.9 took care of, but I don't want to upgrade if its the same one. I just want to correct this one final error. I'm using a really modded up version of 2.0.7 with 2.0.8's memory updates, etc. This is the only error I ever get anymore.

Thanks

RSI

I worked on this for awhile and figured out what was going on myself. At first I thought it might have been the error 2.0.9 corrected and why I posted here.

Anyway, it's the Disable Right Click mod I have installed, http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=1175

I should probably report this in the mod forum because there is a hole. If using Firefox and you have the custom display feature set then the second time you try to right click it gives you the option to disable the dialog box with the custom message via a checkbox. Once doing that the right click disable no longer works and when you right click on the right thing afterwards it generates the error message I posted.

Not only that, but the mod also overwrites your index.php file in your themes images folder with the below and look where it came from ::) WTF? Why was he trying to help the world gain access to that folder?

<?php
/* This file is here solely to protect your Images directory.
This is a simple addon of the Disable Right Click v3 Mod
Created by NIBOGO of www.mundo-se.com*/
?>

Arantor

It's not like there aren't several ways around that thing in the first place. It's not even difficult to bypass.

RSI

Quote from: Arantor on October 21, 2014, 08:03:43 PM
It's not like there aren't several ways around that thing in the first place. It's not even difficult to bypass.

Exactly...

At the same time most of my users are not that computer or browser savvy so it worked good enough 90% of the time. However, it just goes to show you should be really careful about what mods you install. You just never know about some developers ulterior motives. I just manually went though and uninstalled the mod.

Advertisement: