downloading a mod error

Started by MyTime, October 21, 2014, 05:50:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MyTime

I'm using 2.0.7 and the mod is a 1.1 rc1, it's the FAQ mod in the simplemachines modification library.
I tried too install with a couple errors and was going too manual add the codes that failed. but after the test failed file page too install. it goes too an internal 500 error page. I have all my permissions open and writable so i don't think it's that. and I set my packages to a 1.1 version of smf for the download. Any tips? Thank you

Arantor

http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=246 ?

Seems unlikely to work on 2.0, simply because of the changes between 1.1.x and 2.0. Only thing you can do at this point is go back to a backup since it's damaged core SMF files.

MyTime

The actual install never went threw, and the forum is still working as it was before. Do you think it has still damaged files, sir?

Arantor

Not if it actually didn't go through - but you're talking about 500 server errors which made me think it had...

MyTime

Right after clicking install it would bring me too the 500 error page, and it would be like you may have double clicked and like wouldn't actually install the mod

Arantor

Yeah, that mod isn't going to work on 2.0.

Kindred

I linked to Suki's FAQ mod (for 2.0) on GitHub in the other thread.....
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

MyTime

I refresh the topics but sometimes I don't get the replies. It's a little annoying, but now I see your response Kindred . Thank you I'm going to try the 2.0 version now

MyTime

Kindred I tried uploading that mod and it was this
"Package upload failed due to the following error:
"Although the package was downloaded to the server it appears to be empty. Please check the Packages directory, and the "temp" sub-directory are both writable. If you continue to experience this problem you should try extracting the package on your PC and uploading the extracted files into a subdirectory in your Packages directory and try again. For example, if the package was called shout.tar.gz you should:
1) Download the package to your local PC and extract it into files.
2) Using an FTP client create a new directory in your "Packages" folder, in this example you may call it "shout".
3) Upload all the files from the extracted package to this directory.
4) Go back to the package manager browse page and the package will be automatically found by SMF.""

I extracted the files too a folder in my desktop and tried uploading it into my packages directory, than into my packages directories temp folder and still wont appear in my browse packages area.
My permissions should be okay, it says it under permissions on smf

Kindred

notmsure what the problem is...   I use that mod on 3 sites myself.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

MyTime

How did you go about uploading? Cause I see there is a template and source file in there and Idk if those are causing the problems.

Arantor

Um... you're supposed to get it as a zip file and upload it as a zip file?

MyTime

They added some files in the last 2 months, have you tried it since than? I uploaded another mod and it uploaded but isn't really working but that footer mod will not even upload too give the test fail or success page.

Advertisement: