News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Change dofollow links

Started by RE3A, October 22, 2014, 08:48:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RE3A

I realised after download the moz bar that my forum links are all of them dofollow. Every link that post a user is dofollow? If I'm not wrong this is a bad thing so... How I can change it? And why all of them are dofollow by defalut? I can't understand.

Kindred

why is this a bad thing to do?

Why do you think links should be nofollow?
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

RE3A

Hi kindred. Well, as I said I'm newbie. But I always read that is bad because you send your authority or something like that to other sites without control. I don't want to loose my linkjuicy  ;D

And other people can use your forum for spam activities.

thx!

Biology Forums

Are links dofollow by default? If so, why are they being marked as such?

Kindred

RE3A,
your information is incorrect...

as a matter of fact, your site ranking may well be PENALIZED for marking all your links as "nofollow"

regarding spam links...
1- stop spammers form registering to your site in the first place. http://wiki.simplemachines.org/smf/Spam_-_my_forum_is_flooded_with_spam,_what_can_I_do
2- if you find your real users spamming links...   ban them for a time-out until they get a clue that it is not acceptable
3- use the mod that we use here, which makes links into non-links or nofollow links depending on the user's post count level. http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=2404

Shuban,
the links are NOT marked as "dofollow" - they are just not flagged as "nofollow"

Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Advertisement: