attachements filename doesen't shows ä ü ö ß

Started by larry007, October 22, 2014, 10:15:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

larry007

attachements name doesen't show the filename when there are characters of ä ü ö ß in filename!

Why cut it be?

margarett

It has to be something related to your language and database collation...
Can you tell us which language are you using (UTF8 or not?) and collation of the "attachments" table? (the last one, in phpmyadmin)
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

larry007

margarett

That's the server default collation. But what about the table itself? (and the fields collation is also important)

Can you install the utf8 package and try again? Do note, be sure to check all other content because it can get messed. I hate collations :P
Maybe set the forum to maintenance mode for some minutes while you try this and check the behavior?

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

margarett

Seems fine to me... Can you try with the UTF8 language pack?

In the table itself, can you locate your "bad name" attachment? Is it also wrong there?

larry007

I install german informal UTF8, I switch to this language - and see picture

character "?" and no subject and no postings display?????

switch I back to no UTF8 - everything ok again?  :-\

margarett

Yeah, I was affraid that would happen. Switch back is the right move. I hate collations :P

Quote from: margarett on October 22, 2014, 12:18:56 PM
In the table itself, can you locate your "bad name" attachment? Is it also wrong there?

margarett

What do you mean?

I was trying to tell you to check phpmyadmin, "attachments" table and try to find the "wrong" attachment. Does it also have a strange name in the table itself?

Illori

it seems like the db is utf-8 but SMF does not know it is. in your Settings.php do you see
$db_character_set = 'utf8'; ? if not can you add it above the last ?> in the file? then try the utf-8 language files and see if that helps.

larry007

Solved

I convert the forum from begining in utf8. All ok  8)

Advertisement: