News:

Join the Facebook Fan Page.

Main Menu

Removing PrettyUrls Mod

Started by jonno1, October 23, 2014, 04:56:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jonno1

The prettyurls mod is causing issues with forum upgrades and I'd like to get rid of it but I don't want to lose all my Google rankings.
Can anyone think of a way to go back to normal urls but redirect any cached urls to where they should be?

vbgamer45

Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

jonno1

Will the reverter somehow be able to link the prettyurl urls to the standard urls?

According to this page it suggests that the reverter will leave 404s.
http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=462863.0

Quote from: vbgamer45 on October 23, 2014, 05:16:18 PM
Get the reverter package at https://code.google.com/p/prettyurls/downloads/list [nofollow]

vbgamer45

Unknown haven't looked at the code for it lately or .htaccess changes it makes.
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

jonno1

Okay, I got a look at the reverter code and it does suggest that it will 301 any requests to their proper destination but it doesn't work for the most current version of PrettyUrls. When I try and install it I get the "The package you are trying to download or install is either corrupt or not compatible with this version of SMF." message.

Can anyone make any suggestions, I'm in a bit of a pickle now.

vbgamer45

Use the emulate function in the package manager to install for latest version of SMF

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Advertisement: