Installing for offline using XAMPP

Started by jawad96, October 23, 2014, 07:09:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jawad96

Hi all,

I am using OSX 10.9 and latest Xampp. I have downloaded latest .zip version of smf from downloads area and then went to htdocs and created folder, unzipped and then carried on to install as normal. However, I am faced with the problem in the screenshot? What details do I enter here?
I watched a few videos and none of them even get this page, they go directly to entering database details..

Thanks in advance!

Kindred

You should set up the database and database user before you start the smf installation...
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

margarett

No, in that case it's really the files not being writable. So that's what needs to be fixed ;)

Edit: that's the next problem :P
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

Kindred

Whoops...

Was looking at the bottom section and missed the top.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

jawad96

Oh right, so exactly how do I do this? Since this is all offline, how do you go about changing permissions?

Kindred

Слaва
Украинi

Illori

are you familiar with chmod? you need to use that to set the permissions correctly on those files/folders.

jawad96

I've tried researching this, but seem to be at a dead end. Cannot get past this screen as it doesn't happen to anyone. How do I change permissions on an offline document? I'm using Mac, so when I choose 'Get Info' on the files it has read & write permission for all the files within already?

margarett

Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

jawad96

Thanks margarett, I literally just tried that and it worked. :)

Advertisement: