News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Changing website domain names

Started by vkash13, October 24, 2014, 06:44:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

vkash13

I am changing website domain names for my forum. I am also keeping the same web host. I am with 000webhost and am currently waiting to see if they will transfer all of my files over. My questions are:

1) When creating a backup in my cPanel, 000webhost generated 2 files for me to download: .tar.gz, and .sql.gz. Do I need both of these?
2) What is the difference between a database backup and a backup of forum files? (Does a database backup include a forum files backup or are those 2 separate things?)
3) What exactly does this do- "Attempt to reset all themes"?

Thanks in advance for your help

kat

.tar.gz, will be the software (SMF, itself)(You can extract the files from the archive, to check) and .sql.gz will be the database. So, yes, having both is good.

That answers question two, too. :)

The third thing checks/sets the correct paths, for all themes.

vkash13

vkash13

sorry, 1 last question! files have been transferred and im about to use repair_settings.php. do i upload this file in the new or old root directory?

Kindred

Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

vkash13

Advertisement: