News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Buttons for log in and guests hide and show

Started by MyTime, October 24, 2014, 07:00:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MyTime

How do I allow buttons too show only when logged in and allowed too show when your a guest also would like too know how too hide buttons from guests, Thank you!

Bob Perry of Web Presence Consulting

Just from your username, I have got to check out your site, could you post a link to it man? I also might can help/advise you about this task you want to implement...
Best Regards,
Bob Perry

"The world is moving so fast these days that the man who says it can't be done is generally interrupted by someone doing it." Elbert Hubbard

Kindred

I think you have been sampling a little too much of your product...  Your post made no sense... And actually contradicted itself.

What buttons do you want to hide... Or not hide?
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

MyTime

I'm sorry Kindred if you could not comprehend.
I'm actually needing help with this damn mod I got lol too add buttons onto my site.
But I would just like too know how too hide buttons from guest that would show for a logged in user.
pretty much.
Honestly, my glasses are scratched up so I got a headache and trying too finish the site up as fast as I can on my own with no experience , so questions are coming out a little off.

I don't only sample the products btw.  8)

Forum.CannabisGamerClub.com

Illori

which mod are you using? maybe the mod does not support what you want to do.

MyTime

Menu editor Lite

http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=3310

Well, I haven't tried anything too hide buttons from guests, or anything like that. I was assuming it was going too be in the code. Idk. What do you suggest? Honestly i'm at a point in the mod too were I can't even add buttons, but i'm waiting for a reply in the mods support boards.

Illori

http://wiki.simplemachines.org/smf/Buttons_-_How_do_I_add_buttons_to_SMF_2.0 should do the trick. it does not require you to install a mod.

also keep in mind if you install any mods that add buttons to the menu that mod does not add them for you automatically.

i am pretty sure menu editor lite does not support permissions on who can view the buttons.

MyTime

Yes I know, I went too add the buttons threw the mod, but a drop down menu or option would not show. I downloaded it too save the trouble of adding the code myself.
Yeah the mod doesn't allow permissions for membergroups unless you buy the pro version

Bob Perry of Web Presence Consulting

Quote from: CannabisGamerClub on October 24, 2014, 08:03:29 PM
Yes I know, I went too add the buttons threw the mod, but a drop down menu or option would not show. I downloaded it too save the trouble of adding the code myself.
Yeah the mod doesn't allow permissions for membergroups unless you buy the pro version

I can help you accomplish what you want IF you are not manipulating menus for new modules... most all the default settings for what the guests see and what they don't see can be accomplished through the member permissions settings, that system is definitely intimidating for newbies because of the multiple ways it can be structured, visit my site and lets talk about it, I'll help ya no charge dude...
Best Regards,
Bob Perry

"The world is moving so fast these days that the man who says it can't be done is generally interrupted by someone doing it." Elbert Hubbard

MyTime

Thank you sir, i'll be on my way, but I have a feeling I should start off with getting these buttons up on the site before getting your help on the permissions. I don't want to waste any of your time. I don't have the buttons set up yet so not sure what buttons I need too show or hide. I'm sure once I understand one button I can do the rest though.

Advertisement: