Strange 120 days warning while posting without the quick reply

Started by Ninja ZX-10RR, October 24, 2014, 07:17:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ninja ZX-10RR

Stupid package manager -_- probably a manual installation of a mod and then the package manager did the edit twice since I would never make such a stupid mistake in my life. Look:
Quotet.add_authors, t.add_authors'.
It OBVIOUSLY breaks the query, deleting one of those fixed it. Thank you for the help though, you restricted my research :D marking as solved.
Quote from: BeastMode topic=525177.msg3720020#msg3720020
It's so powerful that on this post and even in the two PMs you sent me,you still answered my question very quickly and you're apologizing for the delay. You're the #1 support I've probably ever encountered man, so much respect for that. Thank you, and get better soon.

I'll keep this in my siggy for a while just to remind me that someone appreciated what I did while others didn't.

♥ Jess ♥

STOP EDITING MY PROFILE

Kindred

just one thing here...
The advanced signature mod installed PERFECTLY FINE and works on a standard SMF installation.

but,more importnantly ---  It is not your place to ask mod author(s) to remove anything from the mod site.
If you have an issue that you think is caused by a mod, and the author does not respond in the support topic then use the REPORT MOD button.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Ninja ZX-10RR

Quote from: Kindred on October 25, 2014, 07:37:26 PM
just one thing here...
The advanced signature mod installed PERFECTLY FINE and works on a standard SMF installation.
Yes it installs fine I just tried that myself and never claimed the opposite but then the bug fixes I had from the author on his own forum are all wrong, of course, if you say so since you say that it "works". One question: did you even TRY to use it? Try to install it and then uninstall it, see what happens to all the siggies, plus when installing it all the signatures get deleted. (Or at least that's what happened to me). Despite the fact that I consider emanuele as a friend and I have many other mods from him installed, I can't deny that this mod DOESN'T work as intended - it partially does.
Ref:
http://www.italiansmf.net/forum/index.php?topic=974.0
http://www.italiansmf.net/forum/index.php?topic=1016.0
It's Italian but it's kinda clear anyway. And there is Google translator if you need it.

but,more importnantly ---  It is not your place to ask mod author(s) to remove anything from the mod site.
This
Quote from: ♦ Ninja ZX-10RR ♦ on October 25, 2014, 05:52:33 PM
I will ask
is different than
QuotePlease emanuele remove the mod
It meant that I will discuss about it with him due to the bugs it has.

If you have an issue that you think is caused by a mod, and the author does not respond in the support topic then use the REPORT MOD button.
As a project manager you tell me something that is completely wrong... "File a SECURITY report on this mod" doesn't mean send us a report if it's bugged or if there is any other problem. If that so then please edit the text asap since it's wrong. And just to reiterate if I try to click on it I get
QuoteUse this function to report an unsafe mod to the Customize Team. An unsafe mod is one that compromises security or destroys data. Do not use this function to request assistance with the mod, you will not receive any.
so EXCLUSIVELY security issues, not bugs or missing assistance.
Sending a PM to Gary (current Lead Cust IIRC) would be *perhaps* more appropriate, but in no way a security report should be used for the purpose you are telling me to. Or as an edge case I *could* have used it just because it destroys the siggies on occasions, but you didn't know it so you weren't suggesting me to do so for that reason.

Anyway this is all off topic and the problem has been already solved, in fact the whole topic was already marked as solved...
It's so powerful that on this post and even in the two PMs you sent me,you still answered my question very quickly and you're apologizing for the delay. You're the #1 support I've probably ever encountered man, so much respect for that. Thank you, and get better soon.

I'll keep this in my siggy for a while just to remind me that someone appreciated what I did while others didn't.

♥ Jess ♥

STOP EDITING MY PROFILE

Sir Osis of Liver

Quote from: ♦ Ninja ZX-10RR ♦ on October 25, 2014, 06:33:37 PM
Quotet.add_authors, t.add_authors'.

Nice pick, Ninja.  Was pretty sure it was in the query, but missed that.
Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

Ninja ZX-10RR

I looked for every mod that was editing the file and all of a sudden I realized that I had posted in the relative support topic because I couldn't install it and also for a little bug report... Then using ctrl+f in the file looking for the edits highlighted the doubled snippet :P I'm very glad that it was so easy to fix and I don't have to uninstall something :)
Not really sure about how it happened but... As long as it's fixed I can go with that. Thanks again Krash you have been really helpful anyway, of course I have to know the files I have edited better than you, otherwise it would be a problem, but you pointed me to it and that's a thing I couldn't have done myself. :D

♥ Jess ♥

STOP EDITING MY PROFILE

Advertisement: