Note: It appears that your database may require an upgrade.

Started by Bob La Londe, October 25, 2014, 05:40:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob La Londe

QuoteGot error 28 from storage engine - check database storage space or contact the server administrator.
File: /home/diycompo/public_html/yumabassman.com/forums-new/Sources/Subs-Boards.php
Line: 1047

Note: It appears that your database may require an upgrade. Your forum's files are currently at version SMF 2.0.8, while your database is at version 2.0.1. The above error might possibly go away if you execute the latest version of upgrade.php.

This actually did not seem to appear until I upgraded to version 2.0.9. 

BEFORE POSTING:

I searched this forum for a solution. 
I rolled back to 2.0.8 and uninstalled ALL mods. 
I reinstalled 2.0.9 by uploading the large upgrade package. 

I rolled it back and tried again...

Basically the same error when I try to get a database backup, modify boards, etc. 

Illori

Bob La Londe

Quote from: Illori on October 25, 2014, 05:46:07 PM
contact your host, you are out of space.

I'll double check, but I didn't think so. 

My basic storage is unlimited, and MySQL storage and database count is quite high.  I was nowhere close on anything last time I checked.  Also, new posts and normal forum operations seem to be working just fine. 

Irisado

Who is your host?

I'm immediately suspicious of any host offering anything which is stipulated as being 'unlimited'.
Soñando con una playa donde brilla el sol, un arco iris ilumina el cielo, y el mar espejea iridescentemente

Illori

maybe your host ran out of space, either way only your host can fix this issue.

kat

To get you out of immediate trouble, you could empty-out your "tmp" directory, if you can access it. It's at the same level as your public_html directory.

Bob La Londe

I found a specific entry (actually several) in the server error log that did indicate out of storage space.  You guys were right.  My hosting company fixed it in about 5 minutes after I notified them. 

kat

Advertisement: