News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Post & Topic Count

Started by Snickerz, October 25, 2014, 06:33:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Snickerz

I would like to start by apologizing if I put this in the wrong spot. I'm really not sure where it should go so if it's wrong please feel free to move it. I would like to continue by saying I'm not sure if I named this well enough to get the assistance that I need for it. I'm not really sure how to even explain it. lol.

I've been on SMF sites before that did this, so I know it's possible, I just don't know how to do it. It doesn't seem to be working automatically and I can't find what fixes it up, so it could be something I've missed or it could be a mod/plugin, either way I would really like assistance.

Alright, on the main page of your SMF where your categories are you have forums under each category. On each forum it says the number of posts and threads that are in each category, but they're not accurate, mine aren't accurate I mean. I took a few zerod in screen shots, maybe they can explain this better than I can. I know some things you have to be there to really get and I'm not sure I'm explaining this how it is in my head.

Alright this first picture is from the main page, directly under a category:

This next one is inside it, where you can see that there are more than 19 posts and 16 topics:

Ok, but..... Stepping Stone cemetery is right....

I've been on a site before that the information collected in the third image, did still register on the first image. So I'm just trying to figure out what I'm missing. :(

Mstcool

There is a button on the maintenance page called something like recount something

Click that and It should fix your stats. :P

Arantor

There's Admin > Forum > Boards > Settings > Count child's post in parent's totals

But there is an exclusion clause preventing it going into parent > sub-board > sub-board for most things to keep performance high.

Advertisement: