News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Moderate drop down menu is scrambled

Started by Zooey, October 26, 2014, 12:36:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zooey

Many thanks for your help, but please reply in terms that I can understand. Although I do tinker with the code on my web site, I have never run a forum before. So far I have managed to install a theme and tweak various settings, but now I see the drop down menu under "Moderate" is totally mangled. It has four lines. I can read the first two - Moderation Log and then Unapproved Posts and...

Then it looks as though the remainder of the second option is mixed with the third and possibly the third with the fourth. I can't make out anything. In my simple way of thinking, either I need to make this column wider, or I need to shorten the text so it will fit. However, I've trawled through the files available within the forum and I can't find the answer. I made a couple of changes in likely areas last night, but nothing improved, so I changed them back.

Is anyone able to help please?

Kindred

Smf version? Theme being used?
Does it do the same in the default theme? 

Screenshot?
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Zooey

Sorry - I didn't know what would help you. Version is SMF 2.0.9, theme is Relax. To be honest I don't want to go back to the default theme because I have no idea how much work I might undo. Screen shot is here :)

kat

Whilst I can understand that, we need to know if the default theme's affected, too, to narrow-down the possibilities. :)

Kindred

What do you mean, how much work you might undo?

Any mods which you have applied to the forum will have been applied to the default theme...  Unless you did something silly like replace the default theme files (?)

If you did not do that, then all you have to do is go to your own profile on your site and set your personal theme back to the default, curve theme.  If it does not happen on the default theme,mother. We know for sure that it is a theme specific issue.  Have you checked the support thread for the theme itself?  Has anyone else made this complaint?

If you can give us the url and pm me a login for an admin or moderator account, I can probably tell you the css... 
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Zooey

I did say I didn't know much about forums. I don't even use them that much. I temporarily checked the box to allow everyone to select their own theme and then changed mine to the curve theme. The problem doesn't exist there, so it is theme specific. I didn't know there was a support thread for the theme, but I did Google the problem along with "theme Relax" a few days ago. I didn't find anything useful and then I finally found this place.

Kindred

no worries. No one is upset with you. :)

here is the support thread for the Relax theme.
http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=523358.0

(Linked from the theme download page - the button labeled "comment on this theme")
Слaва
Украинi

Zooey

Thank you - I've posted there. No comments so far, which is probably why Google didn't come up with anything :)

Arantor

That is, actually, a common bug to other forums by the same author (Mick G, currently maintained by TrayBake) - I know at least one other theme that has the same problem (Apple)

Deaks

Yeh its a known bug and I havent had time to look into it, at this stage im looking at removing the dropdown option for these themes until I can find time to sit down and bug track it fully.
~~~~
Former SMF Project Manager
Former SMF Customizer

"For as lang as hunner o us is in life, in nae wey
will we thole the Soothron tae owergang us. In truth it isna for glory, or wealth, or
honours that we fecht, but for freedom alane, that nae honest cheil gies up but wi life
itsel."

Advertisement: