News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

White screen of death in login, register or just sometimes.

Started by BonoVox, October 27, 2014, 08:42:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BonoVox

Hello there again, my forum is located in foro.outbreakzrp.com [nofollow], I have installed the theme Reseller and no modifications yet. So, the problem is that whenever I try to login or create an account, white screen of death shows and I have to refresh the page several times to continue, not just in those two times, but also when I try to enter in somebody's profile or sometimes when I simply go to the index page. Any ideas of what's going on?, thanks for read.

Please, help!

PS: The Package Manager works fine and doesn't show these kind of white screens.

JBlaze

The white screen means that PHP is encountering a fatal error. You will have to check your server error log to see what the error is. Please post any recent errors, and then we will be able to help you :)
Jason Clemons
Former Team Member 2009 - 2012

BonoVox

Sorry for the newbie question but... do you mean about the forum's error logs? and if it's not that, how can I check the server error log?

margarett

No, not SMF's log.

Search for a file "error_log" in SMF's folder (where SSI.php is). If you can't find it, ask your host for your PHP error log ;)
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

Kindred

Afaik, it is usually called error.log

Bonovox,
Smf version?
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Illori

Arantor

Which is precisely why further details are being requested so that the actual cause can be found rather than random speculation about it...

BonoVox

Right now I don't have access to that file but I requested it to the host company, I'll leave the info as soon as I get the file. Thanks for your replies!
Btw, I'm using smf 2.0.9 version.

Advertisement: