Cannot edit membergroups

Started by player.samp, October 28, 2014, 12:06:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

player.samp

Hi.

Whenever I try to edit membergroups (in the "Edit Membergroups" tab in the admin area) I get this error message:

An Error Has Occurred!
Unable to load the '' template.

I do not know how I can fix it.

Does anyone have any idea which file I should check / which file causes this error ?

Sir Osis of Liver

Did you change anything before this started?
Running any mods?
Does it happen in default Curve?
Did you try to put html or bbc code in a membergroup name?
Ashes and diamonds, foe and friend,
 we were all equal in the end.

- R. Waters

player.samp

I already experienced the problem of trying HTML in a name of membergroup and it does not show any error regarding template, or at least it did not show when it happen to me.

Yes, I changed something.

Yes, I have mods. I have about 170 packages or a bit more.

It happens in the default theme.

Sir Osis of Liver

170 mods?  Surprising your forum works at all.  Try uninstalling the last ones you installed, see if the problem clears.

- R. Waters

margarett

Can we have your ManageMembergroups.php and ManageMembergroups.template.php?

Quote from: Krash on October 28, 2014, 03:00:17 PM
170 mods?  Surprising your forum works at all.
Why? As long as there are no conflicts, I don't see why not :P
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

Sir Osis of Liver

- R. Waters

player.samp

I think that there are the ManageMembergroups and ManageMembergroups.template. I downloaded from the online file manager of the host and called them "NAME.php" so that's why the "php" is probably shown in the name of the file, I think.

I think there were no conflicts but I actually haven't really checked the editing membergroups option until I finished to install the packages (maybe few times after I installed about 50, and it worked).

Kindred

and this is why you do things logically instead of helter skelter...  :P

back up
install a mod. check it out. make sure things work
back up
install the next mod...
repeat...

installing 170 mods at once and then "hoping" ntheat everything is going to work (even without conflicting mods) is like jumping off a bridge and "hoping" that there's a net...
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

margarett

Well, one of these should be related
"possibleStars"
"allow deny boards"

Any of those in that list?

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

player.samp

I think Allow deny boards is in the list. I will try to uninstall it and see if it is fixed.

Do you think it's a problem with my ManageMembergroups.php or ManageMembergroups.template.php ?

margarett

Not sure. This is just what I've seen touches those files ;)

player.samp

I uninstalled the package and still got the same error. It was not fixed. :/

margarett

Check the other one?

Quote from: margarett on October 28, 2014, 09:49:45 PM
"possibleStars"

edit: When exactly the error occurs? When you access the "Membergroups" section --> index.php?action=admin;area=membergroups
Or when you choose to "Modify" an existing group? --> index.php?action=admin;area=membergroups;sa=edit;group=1

player.samp

I searched in the package manager and could not find a mod called "possibleStars". I have never heard about that mod and in fact I couldn't even find it in the SMF website (at least not by searching for "possibleStars" and "possible Stars").

It happens to me when I try to access the "Edit Membergroups" area - /index.php?action=admin;area=membergroups

margarett

And can you access the groups directly via URL (like I put above, which should allow you to edit the "Administrator" group)?

Also, can you access, eg, attachments list? index.php?action=admin;area=manageattachments;sa=browse

player.samp

Yes, I can access to edit the administrator group, and also other IDs of groups.

I can also access to the attachments list and settings et cetera.

margarett

So it's not an issue with the GenericList stuff.
I'll dig up a bit more, see if I can come up with an idea...

Sir Osis of Liver

Look in smf_membergroups in your database and see if there are any special characters or html/bbc code in any of the fields, especially group_name or description.

- R. Waters

player.samp

There isn't any HTML code nor BBC neither in group_name nor description.

margarett

I'm not sure if this helps, but maybe this MOD from Arantor can give us extra details?
http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=3953

Advertisement: