News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Cannot edit membergroups

Started by player.samp, October 28, 2014, 12:06:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

player.samp

I downloaded and installed this package.

I found another bug from this kind. When I try to access to Email Template Editor, I get the same error:

An Error Has Occurred!
Unable to load the '' template.

/index.php?action=admin;area=emailtemplates

This package:

http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=2926

Maybe it is the cause of the problem?

margarett

Not sure.

After installing Arantor's mod, anything in the error log?
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

player.samp

I think that the package does not even work because when I check the picture of the mod, and check my error list, it does not really look like the picture of the mod. It looks like it was before I installed that package.

margarett

No, that just means that what the MOD traces is not happening. You can uninstall it.

Any other relevant errors, maybe?

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

player.samp

Not sure if it is relevant but I get an error each time I refresh the page:

8: Undefined index: gallery_txt_copyrightremoval

/public_html/Sources/Admin.php
Line: 323

Another errors:

8: Undefined index: catalign

/public_html/Themes/default/smfhacks_templates/global-hf.template.php (main sub template - eval?)
Line: 145

8: Undefined index: editcat

/public_html/Themes/default/smfhacks_templates/global-hf.template.php (main sub template - eval?)
Line: 135

These are pretty much most of the kinds of the errors I could find.

margarett

Probably unrelated (yet you should check in each support topic to fix those)

* margarett is out of ideas :(

Arantor

The original error given is not something that would likely actually yield a stack trace.

Something is damaging $context['sub_template'].

Did anyone ask what mods are installed?

margarett

Arantor

OK, so a diff of ManageMembergroups.php and Subs.php against original files?

margarett

Did it with ManageMembergroups, not Subs.

@player.samp, can you attach your Subs.php?

Arantor

I'm just thinking that that's where the final template handler is and that might be damaged in some way. Also, perhaps, Load.php.

margarett

Anyway, there has to be somewhere a call to sub_template through a variable that, for some reason, is empty. Because the "normal " calls usually have a fixed string...

Arantor

Well, that's just it... it's a variable, it can be manipulated by anything because it's in $context.

It's not like you have a method that everything must go through to touch it where you can force a stack trace into, for example.

margarett

So best bet is to get all files and search everything for $context['sub_template'] = $
Or variations if it :P

Arantor

You can't even guarantee that :( e.g. consider $context['sub_template'] = somefunction() ? 'one value' : 'another value', or even $context += array('sub_template' => 'value') or variations on that.

You pretty much need to search on just sub_template, you can't even rely on 'sub_template' with single quotes :( And don't forget hooked mods too.

The crazy ways you can interfere are not funny, which is why a central policing method is a serious advantage.

(Helped me debug my gallery to have such a method, though of course it just updates $context['sub_template'], but having everything use that means I can stack trace the heck out of things and monitor what it is)

player.samp

I still get the error:

8: Undefined index: gallery_txt_copyrightremovalApply Filter: Only show the errors from this file File:

/public_html/Sources/Admin.php
Line: 323

If it is saved in the database and it happens each time I refresh the page or access other page, won't it slow down the forum or something like that, or may even cause to worse things?

Subs.php can be found in the attachment. I uploaded it as a txt file.

margarett

Your file seems messed? It misses the opening php opening and closing tags.

Why not upload the php file?

The error only gets you error log bigger (and of course, adds a query to insert it to the database). Performance-wise should not be a problem, but I would for sure like to get a clean error log ;)

player.samp

I actually have no idea why when I did ctrl+a, copied everything and pasted everything in txt file, it did not copy the opening and closing tags but I have them in the file.

Illori

margarett

With 170 mods? That would be painful ;D

Can you please add $db_show_debug = true; to the end of Settings.php (before the closing php tag) and PM me an admin account?

Advertisement: