News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Convert from YaBBSE AND VBulletin into SMF

Started by Ed Teune, October 13, 2005, 09:21:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed Teune

I need the contents of both boards into SMF.
Can I do that somehow?
I did the YaBBSE to SMF conversion, but now the VBulletin one is also saying that everything I moved from YaBBSE is going to be deleted!
Please help if you can.
How do I now move VBulletin content over to SMF without losing the content I have already moved from YaBBSE?
Or, if it is easier, I will convert the content from VBulletin first, then move the YaBBSE.
thanks,

Ed

Ed Teune

Ok, so I converted the VBulletin stuff somewhat successfully. Some posts missing, all users came over.

Now I want to move the YaBBSE stuff over (without losing the VBulletin stuff)
thanks,

Ed

Compuart

There's currently no tool for merging forums. Maybe one will be made in the future though.
Hendrik Jan Visser
Former Lead Developer & Co-founder www.simplemachines.org
Personal Signature:
Realitynet.nl -> ExpeditieRobinson.net / PekingExpress.org / WieIsDeMol.Com

onebadmach

Quote from: Ed Teune on October 13, 2005, 10:51:00 AM
Ok, so I converted the VBulletin stuff somewhat successfully. Some posts missing, all users came over.

I was just wondering what you did to convert from vb to smf (did you transfer the whole database??)

Oldiesmann

If you're converting to 1.0.5, you'll find the converter under "Tools and Converters" on the download page.
If you're converting to 1.1RC1, you'll find the converter in the "1.1 Converters" topic.

You will need to install SMF first, and make sure that it's either installed on the same database as vBulletin or that the same MySQL username and password are being used for both databases
Michael Eshom
Christian Metal Fans

Advertisement: