News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Double Spoiler Icon

Started by Dragon41673, October 29, 2014, 01:52:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dragon41673

All,

I was trying out 2 different modules for spoiler hiding, and when I settled on one, I uninstalled the one I didn't want. Problem is, as shown in the attached image...the 2nd spoiler icon is still on the screen (circled in red). It works, exactly as the one I have installed...so removing either isn't the issue, it's how to remove the icon that is. I've got no idea where to go or how to remove just one of those 2 icons.

I double checked that the spoiler mod I un-installed DID un-install...but it left one thing on the forum.

Any pointers?

Thanks
Owner - Aries Games & Miniatures

margarett

You should ask MOD-related questions to the specific support topic ;) Every MOD has one ;)
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

Dragon41673

Wow...oops. Sorry, I completely forgot about that in the mods section...so I will borrow your avatar as the attachment to this thread!!! lol

Dragon41673

Margarett, rather than double posting, can you move this to the following thread...

http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?board=59.0

Thanks

Kindred

moving and merging to a mod support thread is a pain and we generally don't...

Also, it generally means that when you uninstalled, you ignored some error messages and the mod was not completely uninstalled.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Dragon41673

Quote from: Kindred on October 29, 2014, 02:03:01 PM
moving and merging to a mod support thread is a pain and we generally don't...

Also, it generally means that when you uninstalled, you ignored some error messages and the mod was not completely uninstalled.

Ok, I'll repost there, but I know 100% for sure there was no error message. I made sure to check for that when un-installing.

Dragon41673

Alrighty...I found & asked in the appropriate forum section from the Mod Maker that I removed from my system, and I've received no responses. I tried re-installing & re-un-installing...and still no errors, but the button is still there. I've used the F12 option for inspecting the element, but I cannot figure out where the file is & what it's name is to edit out that "extra" spoiler button. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

NekoJonez

Can you send me your Subs-editor.php

I'll take a look at it ;)
Retro video game blogger, writer, actor, podcaster and general amazing dude.

Twitter
My Blog

Dragon41673

Quote from: NekoJonez on October 31, 2014, 12:51:43 PM
Can you send me your Subs-editor.php

I'll take a look at it ;)

I can, but thanks to you, I've figured out where to look! There were 2 entries on the Subs-editor.php file for Spoiler. I could not figure out what file it was that had this issue, as the inspect element didn't point me there.

I don't mind you looking at the original, and now the edited one that drops the extra button entry on it. Where would you like me to send them to?

Thanks!

NekoJonez

Retro video game blogger, writer, actor, podcaster and general amazing dude.

Twitter
My Blog

Dragon41673

Yes, I was able to fix this with your help in pointing out which file I needed to go look in to. For some reason, nothing was pointing to the Subs-editor.php file when I was using the "Inspect Element" tool in chrome. Any other time I've used it, I've always found my way to the right file.

Thank you!

Steve

Can you mark this as solved then please? :)
DO NOT pm me for support!

Dragon41673

Steve

DO NOT pm me for support!

Advertisement: