News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

My forum packages is acting strange

Started by MyTime, October 29, 2014, 06:05:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MyTime

I have uploaded packages on too my site, than installed them successfully, and uninstalled them successfully. Yesterday I uploaded a couple mods for spam prevention, and i had gotten a bunch of spam bots registering accounts. So I went into the mods library on the simplemachines site, and found a captcha for registering users to hope to prevent them. I uploaded the package onto my site, than went to my browse packages too install the mod. When I tried too install the mod, it says all test are successful, but it doesn't go past that pack when I click install now. It just says on the bottom of my browser Waiting on Forum.Mysitesnames.com...
and doesn't go past that for like 5 minutes than after that it goes too a blank webpage saying "No Data" and that's it.

This is happening on any mods I try too install, but also it does this same thing when I click uninstall on my mods that I already have on my site. I checked with my hosting provided multiple times and they say everythings good on their end. I'm using a linux hosting server, and cpu is at 25% when I try too install the package, so its not over loading the servers cpu or anything. I also creating a .User.ini file and increased my php limit and memory and times, data.
I'm stuck, I'm not sure if i'm being hacked, spam bots messed something up on my site, or if its those previous spam mods i installed from before. Any help would be appreciated please, i'v tried really hard.

Edit: I tried uninstalled a mod and got this message and it NEVER takes that long for an uninstall package for me normally, but this didn't even uninstall with this message "Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 300 seconds exceeded in /home/cannabisgamer/public_html/Forum/Sources/Subs-Db-mysql.php on line 368"

Kindred

Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

JBlaze

Poorly configured shared server. Talk to your host, or better yet, find a better one.
Jason Clemons
Former Team Member 2009 - 2012

MyTime

How so? my cpu on the server is low, and everything seems good. The pages on my site all load, everything works except the packages.
I'm using godaddy

JBlaze

Jason Clemons

MyTime

So a poorly configured shared server is 100% the problem here?

JBlaze

Quote from: CannabisGamerClub on October 29, 2014, 07:55:50 PM
So a poorly configured shared server is 100% the problem here?

No, using GoDaddy as your host is the problem.
Jason Clemons

MyTime

Can you give me the version that's not so detailed please?

Arantor

Virtually every single person that has come here where their host is GoDaddy has problems, ranging from very minor to extremely obtuse - and every single one mysteriously gets resolved when they move to pretty much any other hosting company out there.

MyTime

Okay, Thank you so much for that information, I'v never transfered too a different host company. Is it possible too switch my hosting and keep my domain name and other things with godaddy? Or do you recommend a different company that has good support, and can transfer all my stuff over?

MyTime

Kindred

not particularly...   one of my sites used to be with hostgator... we were quite happy to drop them and switch out when our contract was up.

Look in the hosts and hosting board on this site to find some pretty good hosts
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Illori

you want to stay away from any host that offers unlimited, unlimited does not exist.

Advertisement: