News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

SMF 2.0 Landing Page/Email Sign-up

Started by vkash13, October 29, 2014, 10:25:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vkash13

Hi, I'm currently in the process of building my smf 2.0. While I am doing this, I would like to create a landing page that will allow users to input their email addresses so I can send them updates and so I can also get an idea of how many people are interested in joining.

Is it possible to create a landing page at a different domain and have traffic from my domain forwarded there, all the while I am still building my forum (hopefully that made sense)? If not, what is the best way of doing this? Thanks!

margarett

Like Kindred usually says: "it is possible if you can code it" ;D

That can't be performed in SMF without some custom coding. And I believe you're not really interested in doing it in SMF itself as you are still setting it up.
I would say you should use something like phpList...
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

vkash13

Portugal

Hi,

Well, why not to try mailchimp? its free....;)

Kindred

why bother?   SMF can send newsletters to picked membergroups from inside the admin tool
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Portugal

Hi,

Well my sugestion its becouse for larger groups...it can be a problem, alot of mailservers make confusion as spam..just for that!

But you right, SMF can do this a charm..:)

Quote from: Kindred on November 13, 2014, 01:44:51 PM
why bother?   SMF can send newsletters to picked membergroups from inside the admin tool

Empire KickAss

I never thought about newsletters, and I'm considering it.  SMF can do it if it's an small Community.. very small like 500 members   
If I helped you out in anyway can u please click this up button arrow .Thank You!!!

Arantor

It gets used here where there are somewhat more than 500 members ;)

Advertisement: