please. want edit template in admin >> memberlist

Started by touu, October 30, 2014, 07:26:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

touu

please. want edit template  in admin >> memberlist (picture in attach)

I want expand the width of colum   name/email
I find this code in file   Memberlist.template   /  ManageMembers.template
but not see

kat

I could be wrong... But, I believe that width is controlled by:

style="width: auto;" (Unless the theme you're using's different)

If I'm right, that means that it stretches, so that longer names fit in, there. So, it's not a fixed width.

That begs the question... Why do you want to do this? What do you hope to achieve?

touu

Sometimes the display of a name and email it  width over.
I want to set a percentage for the width of each column.
example...
Id = 5%
username = ...%
displayname =...%
email...%

thank you.

kat

Oh, heck. I have a feeling that doing that is going to totally screw everything else, on that page, if you do that.

I believe that this is the line of code, in Memberlist.template.php, that sets that (It's in the default theme's directory, unless the theme you're using has it's own one).

<th scope="col" class="', isset($column['class']) ? ' ' . $column['class'] : '', '" style="width: auto;"' . (isset($column['colspan']) ? ' colspan="' . $column['colspan'] . '"' : '') . ' nowrap="nowrap">

You could try messing around, with that (After saving a copy of the file, as a backup). Or, perhaps, wait for one of the customisers to advise you better. But, I have a strong feeling that this is going to take a bit more than simply changing that.

Of course, I could be VERY wrong...

Let's wait and hope so. :)

Illori

\Themes\default\ManageMembers.template.php creates the memberlist in the admin panel, where memberlist.template.php creates the template for the public facing memberlist.

touu

Thanks for all the good comments
I believe  code  is in the  file  ManageMembers.template.php
But I can not find it.

Still waiting for help
Thank you very much

Advertisement: