News:

Join the Facebook Fan Page.

Main Menu

force size of pictures

Started by Oscar the Grouch, October 31, 2014, 07:35:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oscar the Grouch

I recently upgrade my 1.1.20 forum to 2.0.9 and I need to figure out how to resize pictures inside [img ] tags. I had an option under my old board to set them to a pixel count inside the image tag but cant seem to find that on this version.

Kindred

Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Illori

http://wiki.simplemachines.org/smf/SMF2.0:Features_and_Options#Layout

Max width of posted pictures (0 = disable)
Max height of posted pictures (0 = disable)

Oscar the Grouch

yeah im familiar with the img tag coding and i think i found what i was  looking for.
QuoteMax width of posted pictures (0 = disable)

I currently have it set at 900 so i get img tags like this
[ img width=900 height=675]http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14/10/29/???.jpg[/img]

which is fine but when im on an 11in screen pictures end up with scroll bars instead of scaling to the visible area.

can i use a percentage instead of a hard pixel count here?

Oscar the Grouch

additionally i have this issue.

when the screen gets small the logo image url and site slogan end up stacking instead of scaling down dynamically

Kindred

no. you can not use percentage....

and the issue with your theme would be due to the theme not being "responsive"
Your only real option is to look for a better theme...
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Oscar the Grouch

how do i find one that is?

do you have a suggestion. several of us on the forum like a bright layout and several like a dark this one has both.

QuoteCurve Minimal Stone, by Akyhne

Kindred

none of the curve variations will do it...

Actually, looking at your picture (I couldn't see it before), your biggest issue is that your left-hand logo/image is HUGE...   it's going to be an issue on any theme that allows two images in the header.

However, there are several themes on the theme site and on blocwebthemes that are responsive.
Слaва
Украинi

Oscar the Grouch

thats on an 11in wide screen. on my 27 it looks fine.

Oscar the Grouch

and how do i know if a theme is responsive?  i dont see that as an attribute on the theme downloads page

Kindred

yes, the theme site needs some updating, in terms of tags/sort features...   but if you search for the term responsive, it should work

http://custom.simplemachines.org/themes/index.php?action=search;basic_search=responsive

hmmm... although, I know that there are more than just ones ones listed there...
http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?action=search2;search=responsive;brd[]=106
http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?action=search2;search=responsive;brd[]=178
Слaва
Украинi

Oscar the Grouch

Kindred

Слaва
Украинi

Deaks

You are asking 2 different questions really, Kindred is right part of the problem is your theme, however the example screenshot is your logo images CAN be set as % just posted ones are a wee bit harder, all thats needed is to change the way your logo is called and add some styling to it.
~~~~
Former SMF Project Manager
Former SMF Customizer

"For as lang as hunner o us is in life, in nae wey
will we thole the Soothron tae owergang us. In truth it isna for glory, or wealth, or
honours that we fecht, but for freedom alane, that nae honest cheil gies up but wi life
itsel."

Oscar the Grouch

im trying to switch the theme to a different one now.

what codeing should i use for the header to make it dynamic. I dont need both i can loose the jeep picture

Deaks

is it just that picture that doesnt resize or is it all pictures even ones in posts? If its all then yeh a dif theme may work if its just that one well thats easy fixed ;)
~~~~
Former SMF Project Manager
Former SMF Customizer

"For as lang as hunner o us is in life, in nae wey
will we thole the Soothron tae owergang us. In truth it isna for glory, or wealth, or
honours that we fecht, but for freedom alane, that nae honest cheil gies up but wi life
itsel."

Oscar the Grouch

bit of both. Im trying the reseller theme and it seems to be working well.

i assume its html code for that.

dont know it off the top of my head tho.

Advertisement: