"Forced Notification" Question

Started by Dragon41673, October 31, 2014, 11:13:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dragon41673

Is there a way to set a certain thread as a kind of "forced" notify...without going in to each users account & signing them up for that specific thread?

For instance, I have a thread on my board that has an announcement kind of setup to it. I use it for updates of pending Maintenance, new features added, etc. The reason I would like to do this is because say when I do some maintenance, people use the "contact us" link to complain they can't do something. Well...if they would read the thread, they would have known ahead of time that the system would be down for a bit.

Thanks
Owner - Aries Games & Miniatures

Dragon41673

Thanks for that...but it's a forced topic mod for "new users on first login" only...not exactly what I'm looking for.

Arantor

When you post a new topic, there's the option to send an announcement - but it's not an option with replies.

There's also the newsletter option to send an email to everyone in Admin > Main > News and Newsletters.

Dragon41673

Yeah, I've got the news letter rotating on the screen & have used it for this as well...but of course people don't read it.

I don't think I ever saw an option to send an announcement...that would almost be perfect except for the "not an option with replies". That's easily solved though as I could simply post a new thread each time & then delete it once it's all said & done.

Thank you!!! I'll toy around with that.

Arantor

No... you're talking about the news fader, something quite quite different, though in the same general vicinity of the admin panel.

Dragon41673

I think I see what you're referring to...you're speaking of the "newsletter" option right?

Arantor

Dragon41673

Ok cool, I also now spotted the "Announce Topic" option as well...I'll go read up on that too.

Thanks everyone!

Advertisement: