News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Images not updating on theme

Started by CitrusSponge, October 31, 2014, 04:45:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CitrusSponge

I wanted to change the unread and read board icons but it's not working.

Unread:

Read:

I've put new icons in the same directory with the same name, and deleted the old ones, but the old ones (the ones above) are still displaying.

Branko.

Probably in the /Themes/default/images instead of the images folder of your theme?
Strong people don't put others down, they lift them up.
A clever person solves a problem. A wise person avoids it.

Illori

Quote from: Branko. on October 31, 2014, 05:23:52 PM
Probably in the /Themes/default/images instead of the images folder of your theme?

no, they have to be in the theme the op is using, not the default. those images are always called per theme.

Gwenwyfar

Did you check for a repeated image? I had the same issue when changing that, there are two different files for one of them, forgot which. They seem to be called in different instances.

Otherwise, just try doing a cache refresh, with ctrl + f5, as the old images will stay in your cache and display until you do that.
"It is impossible to communicate with one that does not wish to communicate"

CitrusSponge

Quote from: Branko. on October 31, 2014, 05:23:52 PM
Nope, they're placed in the theme's images folder.

Mstcool

Clear your cache. Both forum and browsers. :p

Branko.

Quote from: Illori on October 31, 2014, 06:35:09 PM

no, they have to be in the theme the op is using, not the default. those images are always called per theme.

Misunderstanding, I know that.... My question was about " put in the default (wrong) instead of the one that he uses"  ;)

Strong people don't put others down, they lift them up.
A clever person solves a problem. A wise person avoids it.

Kindred

they are not duplicated.

on displays for new posts in the board
on2 displays for new posts in the child board, but no new posts in the parent board
off displays for no new posts.

and you have to clear your browser cache....
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Gwenwyfar

Quote from: Kindred on October 31, 2014, 10:46:00 PM
they are not duplicated.

on displays for new posts in the board
on2 displays for new posts in the child board, but no new posts in the parent board
off displays for no new posts.
Ah, that explains it. Couldn't figure out what it was for. I thought it was duplicated because I remembered the image being the same, but looking again, yeah, they have a slight difference.
"It is impossible to communicate with one that does not wish to communicate"

Advertisement: